background

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Untitled (because I can't think of one)


Pretty much every day is a soccer day in this house. If Josh or Roman don't have practice or a game, there is EPL on the tv or header practice/shooting practice in the backyard or the made-up-by-the-Wright-children game of "sooker" in the front room. That's soccer played indoors with a tiny ball that they think I won't notice when it sails into my pretty things and they shatter. Somehow they think re-naming soccer will trick me!

This post isn't really about soccer. Roman is playing in a tournament this weekend and on the way to her first game this morning, I saw something that made me smile. Little boys out playing football in their front yard. And they were all on the "skins" team. And there is just something about shirtless little boys that is so carefree and fun. Everything goes slow motion and "Sunshine On My Shoulders" starts playing in my mind!

Then I remember that I was like that when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I **loved** being shirtless! When my brother, who is 4 1/2 years older than me, was playing outside without a shirt, I would do the same thing! Where ever I was at the time, I would strip off my shirt and run around like I was one of the boys. I don't remember anyone making a big deal of it so I guess I just phased out of it.

I was a tomboy. Kinda. Or maybe I was just a nudist wanna-be.

Yikes!

B

3 comments:

O Fam said...

There are a lot of things running through my mind at this point....but at the same time I am at a loss for words. I guess all I can say is if you try that now...there will be consequences!!

Jayne said...

I'm glad you fessed up to your nudist tendencies as a child, because now I don't feel so bad for letting my 3 year old daughter do that when her boy cousins did this summer! Maybe you kept ripping off your shirt because you really wanted a "Cool Chicks wear Orange" shirt back then.

Anonymous said...

You should go to Mardi Gras.


(heehee)