background

Friday, November 7, 2008

Election Funk

What a week for our country. An election that made history like no other election in a long time. And we got to be a part of it.

Then why have I felt like a gray cloud was hanging over my head the last three days???? I'm not even a political person. I know what I believe but I don't get into arguments about it. I wasn't out putting out signs or working in a campaign office.

(Sidebar: I did campaign once. For Burns Hargis when he ran for Governor back in the late 80's. I worked the phones and helped organize a rally. But not because of any intense desire to see him win because he would change our state - because the couple I babysat their children for many years took me along for the ride. It was really a great experience. He didn't win. If he had, my life story might be a little different. He prolly would have wanted me as the Lt. Governor!!! haha)

Anyway - back to the point. I think I just really paid attention this year. Maybe I am growing up.

And then today Truth revealed itself to me. After months of speeches and ads, we all got the chance to choose. In reality, we get to choose our leader on a daily basis. In a political election, majority rules. In the daily spiritual election, our choice stands on its own - no matter what everyone else chooses.

God doesn't change. God always chooses us. In the promised land, Joshua challenged the people of Israel "Choose you this day whom you will serve...As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." A few verses later the people collectively said "We will serve the Lord."

I've made my choice so why am I so funk-y??? Well, I'm done with that. I'm back. The only funky I'm going to be is the groovy, way-out kind!!!

Yay God!

B








3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

brad henry called, he wants your number for Lt. Governor! i told him you were already the queen of stamping, soccer moms, homeschooling and wonderwoman so he'd have to wait til next term!

i love you funky gal!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Awesome post, my friend.

LOL at Linda.

Anonymous said...

Madame Lt. Guv - email me and I'll add you to my list for my other blog.

My email is noonetellsyou at gmail dot com.

Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!