background

Sunday, November 30, 2008

It's Beginning to Look A Lot Like...


Christmas!!!!!

Guess how I spent my weekend?? Instead of shopping Black Friday and Black Saturday and Black Sunday...(tee hee)...I always stay in my jammies and put up all my Christmas decorations - inside and out!

This is my mantle.

I have a little challenge for all my bloggy friends. I will eventually post a picture of my Christmas tree and I want to see yours. I enjoy how unique everyone is when it comes to their tree! So, sometime during this season, I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours!! *wink* And, I want all the deets behind your decorations. K?

Now on to a difficult topic.

Give me a minute to collect my thoughts.

It's hard to speak of it.

My precious Cowboys lost to the Sooners last night after they fought their hearts out in the Bedlam football game. I know. I know. You've all been there, right? You can feel my pain. (Except you, Laura!!! I can hear you cheering from here!)

We watched the game with 5 other families - all OU fans. (Even our own children, except Patrick, are all OU fans.) They were loud and obnoxious and big-clappers. And, I love everyone of them! Jase S. - who is 8 years old, mind you - said to me in the hall, in a threatening/intimidating kind of voice "You know your kids don't even like OSU." I was a little skeered of him!

But, I am very excited that OU is going to the championship game. We do enjoy OU football.....when they're not playing the Pokes! I would say that there's always basketball since we usually ROCK that sport but this season isn't looking so good either. What's a girl to do?

Peace, Love and Poinsettias,

B.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mantle is gorgeous!! My measly tree will hardly stand up to that! :-)

My team (Colorado State) loses to stupid University of Colorado every year the first game of the season. Ruins the whole season for me.

Growin' With It said...

did you move into the White House? cuz that's some fancy fireplace you got there. hmm. and did you hire a decorator. oh yea, that's right...you are not only the crafty queen but the decorating queen as well. hmph!! looks gorgeous girl.

hey, my friend sara "greetings from butterville" is doing a blog carnival on the 15th for all of us to show off our trees. join up girl! should be fun.

Growin' With It said...

p.s. jase...we miss you little man!

Bailey said...

Will you come and do my mantle because I give yours "Mantle of the Year!"

SoonerAggieMom said...

That mantle is beautiful! I'm gonna take a pic of my neighbors cause it's prettier than mine.

You probably heard my nephew's wife cheering. I was very quiet, didn't yell, didn't high five, didn't wear a Sooner shirt, didn't cringe when Sam flipped, didn't jump up and down......

RamblinRealtor said...

Yes, I felt your pain...I had been trash-talkin about how the Cowboys were gonna wup-up on OU. Gary is an OU addict and my precious Brady is OSU bound! House divided.
Props for the mantle!