background

Sunday, November 2, 2008

TV Caller ID

We have recently received this newest bit of technology at our house.

Picture this: I'm on the couch in my jammy pants. The remote is in one hand flipping between Food Network and TLC. A diet coke is in the other. I'm under my snuggly soft blanket and the pillows are finally just right under my head. And, then, the phone rings. Ugh.


Behold! The number pops up on my TV screen! It's ________ calling and I'm not getting up to get it! (Of course, it's none of you. I would get up for that call. Really. Trust me.) Wahoooooo! Finally, some technology I can sink my teeth into!!


Technology is everywhere and I am being left behind! Josh can command his phone to call me. Roman can Skype Hannah without any help. Richard can, well, he can do anything with everything technology-related. Me - I have to look at the instructions Roman (may I remind you she is 10!!!) gave me to attach a document to an e-mail every time I want to do it! Aye yi yi.


But, today I may have made some progress. It only took me two tries to move the time back on the clock in my car.


I think I'll just stay on the couch and wait for my phone to ring!

Using my rotary dial phone,

B.


2 comments:

RamblinRealtor said...

And THAT post is why WE are friends! You realize I'm the mom that send texts to Brady asking for computer help and how to reprogram the TV remote WHILE he's at Falls Creek....and his reply....Mom, I'm in chapel...
:)M

SoonerAggieMom said...

That's the coolest technology I've heard of. Are you getting a zillion political calls like I am? I voted already!! Give it a rest!