background

Monday, November 17, 2008

Cupcake Monday

Seriously........isn't everyday a cupcake day?

Today is a special cupcake day because these yum yums are going to my friend, Tonya cuz it's her BIRFDAY!!

**party hats**streamers**balloons**

Happy Birthday Tonya! Woo Hoo! She's turning the fabulous 29-one-more-time and doesn't look a day over 21!

I have to tell you about these cupcakes. They are Roman's favorite and she's the one who made them this morning. They are Strawberry Soda Cupcakes (recipe to follow) with Strawberry Mist frosting and our favorite edible glitter. Everything is better with a little bling, kwim???

The recipe deets:

To a white cake mix add 3 egg whites, 1/3 cup oil, and 1 1/4 cup of strawberry soda. Mix. Fill. Bake. 350 degrees for 15 - 20 minutes.

That's it! So easy and so delish. It's like eating a piece of a cloud! (I've never really eaten a cloud - but it's what I think a cloud would taste like!)

The icing was made by my friend Duncan Hines or Betty Crocker. They like to help me out on things like this every now and then! *wink*

I hope she likes them!

Peace, love and cupcakes,

B.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man those look good. My stomach is growling now. TYVM.

I may have to try those - it may help me overcome my cupcake-making phobia. (How can cupcakes look so cute and friendly and be so difficult for me to manage to make? I tried for my daughter's birthday back in June and what a disaster!)

SoonerAggieMom said...

This looks really really yummy! I need a dessert for a party Sat. I think I'll try them. thanks hun!

Growin' With It said...

hmm, sounds good for breakfast right about now! bummer, i'll just have to lick the monitor!

Tonya said...

Oh my gosh!!Is it working? Did I really "finally" figure out how to leave a comment? Am I admitting this to everyone.... or is this comment not even gonna work AGAIN!!!???
Ok if it is working..... I LOVED the cupcakes!!! They were soooooo yummy!!! Almost too cute to even eat though!!! My cupcakes NEVER turn out cute.... sometimes they look too scary to eat!!
Thank you sweet friend!!! And my sweet Roman!!!