background

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pet Peeves

Don't do this. Don't ever do this.

See this picture? Do you know what that is even though it is a blurry picture? (explanation to follow.) Those are Christmas lights. Turned on. On November 11th. And they've been on every night since Saturday night - which was November 8th.

That. Drives. Me. Crazy.

I understand it was a beautiful weekend. No wind. Perfect for putting lights on one's house. I'm all for that. In fact, I wish we would have had time to do that ourselves knowing the day we pick to do it will be -30 degrees with 40 mph winds! Just don't turn them on yet!!!! Can't we just enjoy the end of fall? Can't we get a little turkey in our tummies first? Can't we get the haybales off the front lawn before you flip that switch?

About the blurry picture. Josh and I were coming home from his CHAMPIONSHIP FOOTBALL GAME last night (sadly, his team didn't win. bummer.) and I started grumbling about those lights when Josh said, off-handedly and with a small amount of sarcasm, "You're probably gonna blog about that, aren't you?"

The light bulb went on in my head and I whipped out the camera to go get a picture as we drove by. Now this house is on the other side of the 'hood but worth the drive-by. I roll J's window down and start to snap a picture when the truck in the garage starts to back out!!! Busted. So I was trying to take the picture, step on the gas and avoid Josh as he tried to dig a hole in the floor board so he could crawl into it!! You can't imagine how many syllables he made "MOM!!" into as his eyes about rolled out of his head!

Me - I was laughing my fool head off! I would have gone back for a better picture but that might have been the end for J. I sure love that boy!!

B

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh - teenagers are so fun!! And so hilarious that you got busted! :-)

I agree - no lights before turkey day!! It should be a law.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking that maybe I am a little hypocritical with the Christmas light thing since I listen to Christmas music all year 'round...

Naaahhh. :-)

O Fam said...

I can't tell you how much I agree with you! Even the WalMart in my neighborhood already has trees and tinsel for sale....granted it is circa 1980's style, but Tommy Turkey has not had his day yet!!!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Wait til they get their electric bill and they'll be sorry they turned on the lights so early!

Boo Hoo that Josh's team lost. Maybe next year.

Doesn't he know by now when it comes to blogging, we do whatever it takes to get the pic!

Growin' With It said...

sounds like you're raising that kid right....mama's gonna blog about it and a picture makes the post even better. welcome to the obsessed world of blogging.

tell josh we need more cute photos of him on here. hmm, and also not to complain cuz you could be writing in your blog stuff about h-i-m instead of the crazy neighbors!