background

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Smashing Pumpkins

Another Thanksgiving holiday into the history books. We had a fabulous day and my cup has been filled to overflowing in many ways.

All the fall decorations are put away. My house is "starting to look a lot like Christmas!" :) We didn't smash the pumpkins but they were all - what's a good word for rotting here?? - soft and some fell apart (i.e. their guts fell out!) in my flower beds. Totally grossed me out.

Here's the highlight of our holiday:

-Making these supah-cute turkey cupcakes with Roman and her pal from Texas, Katie C.



-Stuffing my hand between the skin and meat of my turkey to rub herbed butter in there cuz the How To guy said this is THE best way to cook your bird. Yes, it was disgusting. Yes, it tasted yummo.

(I put a cranberry glaze on that guy and he came out beeeeautiful. But, only my mom, Richard and I got to see how pretty he truly was because we carved him before anyone else got to admire him.)

-My 12-year-old saying "Dad let me go up on the roof to help put on lights. I went all the way to the top!)

-Peeling 5 pounds of potatoes.

-Looking at every ad for Black Friday - twice - and not finding anything worth dragging myself out of bed for that early.

-Sharing a meal and lots of laughs with 23 of our family members.

It was an amazing day. Now, I gotta jet. Richard is calling me to help put up the decorations outside! Yee haw!

B.

3 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Love the Turkey Cupcakes - is it a top secret recipe or will you share? Glad it was such a great day for you, have fun decorating!

Growin' With It said...

doggone it beverly...will you quit being the crafty queen, i can't keep up!! those cupcakes were so adorable.

oh but then you TOTALLY grossed me out with the picture of your hand stuck up the nasty bald turkey. but i do give you kuddos for knowing how to make things taste nummy.

katie...green with envy. did you get your hair done too? now even more green if you did!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm coming to your house next year. Wow! What a spread!

I'll send that recipe for chocolate killer pie later this week when I have a minute to type it out.