background

Friday, October 31, 2008

Co(r)nfusion


So there was a little confusion in our house this week. And anytime I need to use the word "confusion" I have to say "cornfusion" because that's what Roman's Latin teacher says. For example: "Those declensions can be a little cornfusing." or "Don't be cornfused by those prefixes." It is something she and I giggle about all the time and we have no idea if he really means to say it that way or not. It's changed that word for us forever!

Anyhoo....my sweet hubby called at the beginning of the week and the conversation went like this:

R: I've been given tickets to the OU-Nebraska game on Saturday.
B: The OSU-Nebraska game! Oh wow! but Oh no! I never did get my Cool Chicks Wear Orange shirt. (notice the breakdown in communication when somehow my brain got excited about sitting in a suite at T. Boone Pickens Stadium!!!) I've got to get off the phone right now so I can get online and order one. I hope I can get one this late.
R: I thought we could invite the N's. (the biggest OU fans in the world.) Do you wanna go? (never noticing the breakdown in communication on my part.)
B: Duh. Gotta jet. Gotta get that shirt ordered!

I get off the phone and on the computer to find the shirt. It's a company called "Cool Chicks Wear..." and I skip the online ordering and call up the company cuz this is such an emergency. It's 8:15 and I've obviously reached the mother of small children who are not happy about having their breakfast interrupted. But I don't care because this is important. I NEED this shirt before I set foot on OSU's campus again! The lady is super nice and says I will have my shirt the next day. Whew. Because she's in Tulsa (how handy) and I was going to make the drive to get it if I needed to!!

I'm all set now, right?

Now that I can think straight, the deets of my conversation with the husband start going through my mind. Why are we inviting the N's to an OSU game? The firm has season tickets to OU games. Why did Richard say he would have to borrow an OU shirt from Randy?

Then it hit me like a Mack truck. There would be no OSU-Nebraska game and no one in Norman would think my new shirt was very cute! waaaaaaaaaaaaagggggghhh!

The shirt came on Wednesday and it is SUPAH cute. Turns out, I'm not going to be able to go the OU game anyway - Roman is playing in a tournament this weekend and has a 5 o'clock game Saturday evening. So, Richard's making it a "guy thing."

Now I'm left wondering 2 things: 1.) Is my brain so orange that it wouldn't even accept the possibility of an OU game? (I do like OU football, honestly.) 2.) How much attention does my husband pay to our phone conversations???

Oh well! At least I've got my shirt!

Catch ya later,

B












4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wait wait - I'm cornfused. Which team do you like?

hahahha! :-)

Hope it's a great weekend!

SoonerAggieMom said...

I understand you perfectly and even started chuckling at the very beginning of your conversation with R knowing where it was going.

I'm sure R. knew you'd figure it out Sooner (get it?) or later.

I've been trying to score tickets for weeks to the A & M/OU game next week. No matter how bad the Aggies are (and they are REALLY bad) the fans still go to the games so looks like I'll be watching on TV.

Mary Morrow said...

stink! same thing happened to little ol' me last time around - i just *thought* he would pick MEEEEE....

LOL!!!
shows how important we really are, huh? pffft!

O Fam said...

Maybe you should buy a "cool chicks wear crimson" shirt.

You make me smile!