background

Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Husband


First of all, my hubby is not a golfer. But look at that form! Looks like he could take on Tiger Woods, doesn't he?

He's really not even that crazy about the sport. He just plays in tournaments when it's required for his j.o.b. (ya know - "The firm encourages golf tournaments." from the movie "The Firm." like "The firm encourages children." I think Lisa Moran and I used to say that about everything back in the day when I married into the firm!!) Wow - that was pure RAMBLE!

Now what was the point of this post? Oh yeah - my husband. He's a thinker. A ponderer. A philosopher. (You might remember the post where I stated I am none of these things.)

One of our favorite things to do is lay on our backs, side by side, on the bed with the door bolted, locked tight (i.e. no kids allowed!) and just talk out the day. He regularly says to me "Where are we going?" "What are we accomplishing with our lives?" "Are you happy?" My answers are usually surface: "To the grocery store, laundry and more than I deserve."

But he really thinks about these things. He looks at the big picture and always wants to be sure what we're doing with our lives lines up with what the Lord wants us to be doing. He wants our children to understand there's more to life than all the things that bombard them daily in the world. He takes such good care of us. I think that's why loving my Heavenly Father comes so easily for me. My husband points our family in that direction every day.

I love that man.

B.

2 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Ah Bev, that was so sweet. I was going to comment on the ramble, but the tenderness of your description of Richard changed my mind. We are blessed women indeed.

Growin' With It said...

hey...where'd my comment go? dumb blogger. ahem...back to what i was saying:
miss that sweet guy of yours and you too! what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man!!!