background

Monday, October 13, 2008

Forty - the UN-fabulous Part

So, I turned the big 4-0 in December. Not really a big deal to me. I've never been one to fuss and fret about getting older. Sometimes I really forget that I'm not still in my 20's! (Jumproping always reminds me.)

But on the very day of my birthday, something happened.

I was sitting in the cheetah chair reading while watching TV. I looked up from my book at the TV and suddenly the screen was blurry, my eyes were crossing and my head started to spin. OK. Just the screen was blurry but the other stuff made the story sound waaaaaaay better! *giggle*

It wasn't just a freak occurence. It kept happening everytime I would read.

I knew what had happened I just didn't want to believe it! My body was falling apart on me. First the bladder, now the eyes.

So, today I had an eye exam. My very first in my whole life! It wasn't too bad. I've had worse exams that I won't mention. (ahem. **clearing my throat**)

Anyhoo...the doctor said I just needed reading glasses and that I could pick them up basically anywhere. After I begged "Are you sure I don't need some supah cute Sarah Palin glasses???" I picked up these cute boogers at, of all places, the grocery store!! Notice the BLING on the sides.

Might as well be stylin' if I have to wear them at all. Just sayin'!

Roman had to get glasses, also. She got to pick out her frames. I tried to get her to go with the Palin look - but, no luck. They are very cute on her. She can't wait to show Kylee!!

Gotta go read something with my new specs!

B.

2 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Welcome to the club hun.

Growin' With It said...

the grocery store...gotta be kidding! all the ones i've ever seen looked like granny ones.

i'm thinking you must look "supah SMOKIN'" in these. so, umm, where's the picture of these actually ON you?