background

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Roman's Big Day

Two big things happened in the life of our little girl
yesterday. hmmmmmm.....what could it be? tee hee.

Her glasses came in. Aren't they so cute? And no comments about how big she looks in them. Her "big-ness" is really depressing me these days!

I made a huge mistake when we picked them up.
Me: So, she only needs to wear them in the classroom when she can't see the board, right?

Eye glass lady: Well, now, if she needs to wear them all the time, that's OK.
Roman: I think I can see everything better with them on. Maybe I need to wear them all the time.

How quickly the "I can't see things 10 feet away" became "I'm blind and can't see anything without these supah cute Candies glasses on."

Oh well. I'm hoping the "new" will wear off soon. Maybe after Kylee and Macy see them...

Roman's biggest news of the day.............drum roll please.........................she was accepted into the All State Children's Choir!! Woo hoo! It all started when (I know. I know. I always say that.) her music teacher retired last year from Bryant. Mrs. Yeager has been the music teacher for all of my children. We love her.

About a month ago, she contacted us wanting to sponsor Roman for this OMEA choir that was for unchanged voices, 4th - 8th grade. They only take 150 children from the whole state and don't take many 4th graders but she thought Roman had a chance. She helped Roman make an audition CD and SHAZAM - she made it.

We're not really "in" to these things, but Mrs. Yeager says it's a big deal. We're just excited to get to spend some time with this fabulous lady!

We're off to spend our last perfect day of fall outside. Tomorrow's high is 52 degrees! EEEEK!

B.

4 comments:

Growin' With It said...

on the topic of glasses...my only words are this: http://growinwithit.blogspot.com/2008/08/its-happened.html

and on your beautiful daughter's amazing voice?....watch out high school musical kinda films and of course american idol!!!

congrats on both.

Anonymous said...

She looks awesome in glasses and GO ROMAN with the choir thing! How fun and exciting for her!

SoonerAggieMom said...

(I left a comment earlier, but something went wrong and my turn on the computer was over)

52 degrees? BRRRRR!!!!yes, I'm a cold weather wimp.

Choir kids are near and dear to my heart. I'm so proud of her.

My family is 4 for 4 wearing glasses.

Unknown said...

That is great on the choir. I will have to show Katie the new Roman when she gets up.