background

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Corn Maze

Let me just start this post with my usual, ginormous **SIGH** that I always have when I try to put several pictures in a post. And, yes, I would rather just complain than take the time to research the reason for my problem because I'm sure the search would reveal "USER ERROR!!"

I also know that when I hit the "publish post" button, all the captions will move at least 3 paragraphs from the photo it belongs with. And, these photos loaded in the opposite order that I wanted them. So here's the wrap up at the beginning:

Two cute girls, one evening at the corn maze = lots of fun!

The last thing we did, was make S'mores over the camp fire. Yummo! to quote my fave chef. It wasn't much of a fire. And, if you look closely, there aren't any marshmallows on the girls' wires. We were wrapping up and I realized I didn't get a picture of them roasting marshmallows so I made them pose this picture!!!



The girls rode in this barrell train pulled by a riding lawn mower. It would "whip" them around - as much as that was going 5 mph! I think Macy had bruises on her knees from Roman leaning on them!

This duck race was so much fun! The girls each had a rubber ducky in their lane and they pumped the water to make him race down the pipe.


Seriously, they did this about a gazillion times!








Ahhhhhh.......the corn maze. We started it before the sun went down but got so hungry in the middle that we finished later with our flashlights! We had to answer "Oklahoma Facts" questions to find our way through. Thank goodness because I am seriously directionally challenged. But, we did have the human GPS, Richard, with us to get us out after dark!









I think these flowers are zinnias (?????) Doesn't matter - they were beautiful just like these two girlies!


We really had so much fun that night. The weather was perfect. There were so many things to do that I didn't post pictures of - like the tire horses made into a merry-go-round sort of ride and the corn cannon where the girls shot ears of corn out of a cannon-ish gun thing and the giant hay bales they climbed on forever! We did a hay ride and walked through a huge pumpkin field.

The girls said they wanted to go in the Haunted Hay Maze. But, really, Roman can't even go in the Halloween Express store without holding my hand and avoiding all the mats on the floor that, when stepped on, make creepy noises! We just stuck with the tame stuff. It was freaky enough being in that giant maze in the dark!

I almost forgot my favorite part of the evening! They had a small petting zoo with lambs and goats. We were getting food out of a machine so we could feed them when a tiny, baby goat is suddenly right there trying to get it out of the machine. It was a little startling but, I look up and Macy is about 50 feet away. The girl moved like lightning away from that goat! It was so funny. She did eventually come back over and feed that sweet baby right out of her hand.

So much fun. We have fall weather once again. Yippee!!!

Happy Fall, Y'all

B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - that looks like a blast!

A corn cannon!?!? That is brilliant!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Yep, those are zinnias.

Roman is beautiful. How old is she again? In 5 years Jordan will be 22.....

Growin' With It said...

roman in a short sleeve...now that must have been a perfect day. and thank the Lord for that gps superhero of yours. corn mazes at dark...now way!

btw, if this was the one in weatherford, did you do the karoake?