background

Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Great Church Search

I've been getting a few questions about the search. Questions like "How's that working out for you?" "Where are you going now?" "Are you really just sleeping in on Sunday mornings and watching church on TV in the afternoon?"

The answers are good, Wildwood and I wish. bwahahahaha

I know I've mentioned Wildwood previously and we've been there about 5 or 6 times now. We really like it. We ALMOST turned in our information card today. It's filled out and ready to be walked to the info table. It just wouldn't take itself and I wasn't quite ready!

The pastor has been doing a series on Jonah. Ahhhhhh.........Jonah. Jonah, Jonah, Jonah. One of my all-time favorite stories because it really could be written about me. (Thank goodness it wasn't me because fish grosses me out and to think of being vomited by a fish...........I just can't really go there!)


I have felt like Jonah on the ship when the sailors have to throw him overboard to stop the sea from taking them all. I felt like that at EHC. Twice. The first was when we stopped teaching. We'd been doing it so long we weren't really doing it right or for the right reasons anymore. So we jumped out of the way so the Lord could work in a new way. And then when we knew it was time to find a new church home......again, we needed to get out of the way. That time we held on to the side of the ship as long as we could. We prolly left fingernail scratches all the way down the side!!


So, now here we are at Wildwood. Praying for a definite answer if this is where we put down roots. We aren't real sure what to do now. Who do we talk to? Are we ready to commit? Do we line up doctrinally? (Ya know they started as a Mennonite (sp?) church in the 60's. They're non-denom now but what if they convert back? I don't really look good in long black dresses with a little white cap!!! And I don't want to give up my 'stang for a horse and buggy!)


New ground. More stretching and growing. Time to turn in that card, I guess, so the contact from their staff can begin. Stop running, Jonah. And don't go near the water!


B

4 comments:

O Fam said...

We think of you guys often! Glad to hear an update on what/where you are. We are in an series on Jonah too! Way cool! Of course ours is via the good 'ol ipod. Who knows when it was taught, but still good.

Have you gotten our mail yet?

Growin' With It said...

hey, i checked out their website and plan to listen to a sermon today. kinda hungry myself! glad to hear you're moving towards peace in this whole journey! and beverly...i just love you and your sweet family. wish i could be sittin' next to you in that "pew" praising Jesus.

SoonerAggieMom said...

Your thoughts today were emotional for me...tearing up in one paragraph and laughing out loud the next. Sounds like God was pruning you a bit and you're about to experience major growth. I know you'll make the right decision.

I wish I could remember the Jonah song. Something about "and the whale was bigger and ladadada" Anyone???

Mary Morrow said...

good update! we're kinda there too... well, i'm ready to join but my sweet hottie i think is still like "ummm, but what if God wants us somewhere else?"... well my philosophy on that is - "our family is happy at christ family church, God hasn't said "no", so what's the problem buddy?!?!?!?!"
:)
but it can't be that easy, now can it? pffft!
love ya!