background

Monday, October 27, 2008

An Open Letter To My Children (or why I blog)

Dear Wright Children,

If you're reading this, I must be dead.

Naw. Just jokin'!!

This thought came to me several weeks ago and I just now can find the time to really put my thoughts into words and get them on the screen. I was pondering life's great question: Why do I blog? (You know me and my a.d.h.d - I thought about it for about 5 seconds and moved on to something else profound!)

When my friend Katrina's mom died, she found a book her mom had been working on. It was a fill-in-the-blank kind of book about her mom's life and her memories. Ferne had been working on it for K. What a great discovery for my sweet friend.

Of course, that made me think about my own mother. I have mom issues. It's not something I need to go into great detail about. It is what it is and it certainly shapes the mother I am to my children. But, because I know very little about my mom and her life I started realizing that blogging is my way of preserving little glimpses into my own life for my children to see years from now! (That was a little wordy, wasn't it??) I want them to know what a full and wonderful life I have and that if they find they are a little twisted, sarcastic, fun-loving, love the Lord, have great hair - well, just maybe, they got some of that from me! (The hair is a given - you've all seen their dad!!)

And, for my friends that read my posts, well, you are just gravy. The cherry on top. You bless me daily with your comments (or with your e-mails or phone calls because you can't figure out how to leave a comment...you know who you are...*wink*) I feel like we are sharing life together and that puts a big ol' smile on this girlie's face!

So back to you, Wright children. Being your mom is the greatest adventure I could have ever asked for and I wouldn't change a thing. Every smile, every victory, every tear, every challenge, every change, every giggle, every tickle fight, every doorknob (secret Wright inside joke), every minute is precious to me and I write it on my heart. I don't want to miss a thing.

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful. Your kids are blessed!!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Sorry, have been away from puter a couple of days. That's a beautiful letter to your kiddos. I found letters I sent TO my mom when we cleaned out her house. Was very sad that I didn't have many FROM her. So we blog.....