background

Sunday, October 26, 2008

High School Musical Mania

I have a confession to make. I should prolly be embarassed.

I'm not.

I shouldn't even tell you this.

But, I'm gonna.

You might make total fun of me.

Oh well. Here goes...

I really, really like High School Musical. All three of them. A lot.

We saw #3 yesterday and I cried, laughed, sang, chair-danced and clapped. (yes, I clapped in the theater. very excitedly and big. could a hole just open up and swallow me now???)

I think I started crying as soon as the movie started knowing it was about their senior year and that this is the end.

I've tried rationalizing the whole thing. Like "It made me think of Josh getting ready to graduate" (in 6 years) or "It was so similar to my own highschool years." (Ummm......not even close!) I wish it were really like that in high school, right? No Zach Effrons or Corbin Bleus at Guthrie High! We had some cuties but they were waaaaay out of this chickie's league.

Anyhoo...it's over. It was a great run. See the movie - even you mom's of boys. And I leave you with this burning question for you to ponder - completely hypothetical, of course.

How wrong is it for a 40-year-old woman to have a crush on Zach Effron?????

We're all in this together,

B

5 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Well, after that suggestion, I just might have to go see it. I have to admit I haven't seen any of them though.

How was your evening out?

Anonymous said...

I have seen any of them yet but it sounds like I'm going to have to rent the first two and go see the third. Hopefully they will still be cool when my daughter is old enough to appreciate them...

(Hopefully we won't have moved on to HSM 8 - the Post-Grad Days...)

Growin' With It said...

boy am i out of it! i finally watched high school musical the other day...and i do agree...its about THE only time i ever wished i was that young again. and could dance or sing.

O Fam said...

HSM3 was released in Hong Kong and Taiwan...but NOT here...we are all anxiously waiting. I asked my tutor today to keep her ears open and let me know as soon as she hears anything. She is in college and she and all her friends love 1 and 2.

Everyone thinks it will come here because it is so popular even here.....waiting impatiently!!!!

Unknown said...

Hate to say that I saw you at the theather. Because it was so good!!! Kj