background

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

An Ode To The Oregon Ducks


O Oregon, O Oregon
Winner of the Holiday Bowl.
You fought, you scrapped
You duked it out
For victory was your goal.

And even though your mascot
Is a non-threatening Duck
You waddled into the endzone
more than us
Your Jeremiahs had all the luck.

So this Cowboy fan says "Congrats."
You deserve all the pats on the back.
Maybe we'll meet again next year
Until then, "Quack Quack!"

There you go, my Oregon friends! I have to say, knowing I had put out this challenge made watching the game soooo much more fun. Now I just have to find some Gator fans to challenge for the National Championship game when OU plays!!

Can you bear just one funny story today? Remember in the fall, Josh played his first season of football for his junior high so there was lots of football talk in our house - lots of questions. Roman was asking Richard something I can't remember now and it led to a question about the line of scrimmage. So Richard was trying to get Roman to say it. Ya know how you talk real slow and stretch out the words trying to lead the person to the word? He said "The liiiiiine............ooooof.................." and left it hanging there. And, Roman said, shaking her head not really knowing, "beauty????" We all just fell apart laughing. So now the line of scrimmage is known in our house as the line of beauty!!!

Happy New Year's Eve to you all. May 2009 be the best year of your life!

Tonight I'm gonna party like it's 1999. (Yeah right, me and Prince. I'll be asleep by 10!)

B.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Beverly - sorry about your Cowboys...

StephieAnne said...

You are so much fun! My hubby, John, has had fun with all of your blogging as well, he's the one that sat down and designed the display on my blog. He read your Ode to Oregon aloud this morning....

Regarding the game, blame it on ignorance, but I wasn't aware just how good you guys were....it looked like you had it through most of the game, and then we turned on a little vengeance in the last quarter.

I was thinking about some positives of being an Oklahoma State fan (just in case) - like:

- Is there ever a better time to wear orange than in the fall? - you are being incredibly fashionable and seasonable in the orange color!

- Black - you just can't go wrong with that color (which must be why the Ducks have adopted that as our new honorary color - that and having Phil Knight and Nike in our back pocket to redesign new uniforms every 6 months!)

- Cowboys - not that's a cool mascot, and the cowboy hat you get to wear to the game can shield the sun or protect you from rain. (And look quite cute without feeling dorky because other fans are doing the same thing....). (No comment about our mascot, but then again, you gotta love a mascot modeled after a Disney character....)

That's about all I came up with before the end of the game relieved me from coming up with more. I loved your creativity - you rock!

Have a great New Year's Eve, my friend!

Steph

(btw - I never go by StephieAnne in "real life" - I just came up with that to be semi-original in my name before I knew what I was doing in blog-land. Anne is my middle name, and those who are closest to me sometimes call me Stephie, but most of the time it's just Steph or Stephanie....)

Growin' With It said...

my husband is still in mourning and so now with having to leave the promise land and then the team losing once again, i think he's gonna need some therapy now.

that was one FANTASTIC game!

SoonerAggieMom said...

I'm still laughing at Steph's comments.

I can't believe they lost. I even blogged about it a minute ago. It was a good game and I'm very proud of them.

Line of Beauty. That's hilarious!

Love ya girl!