background

Thursday, December 18, 2008

pssssssst...

...today is my BIRFDAY!! And what a great start to this day it's already been!

My children and husband pounced on me in bed. Then we had Fritter Thursday. (you can celebrate this national holiday any day of the week. Just follow these rules: Go to your fave donut shop. Buy apple fritters. Eat the fritters and say "It's Fritter __________. insert whatever day of the week it is here.)

Then there were gifts. And they were good.

So, it's been a great day already - and it's only 8 a.m. here!!




I found this very funny list "You know you're between the babyboomers and generation x if..." that just cracked me up. Of course, I want to share it with you. So, my gift to you today is some giggles and some "yea, I remember that." Enjoy my day with me!


You're Lost between Baby Boomers and Gen X if...
**You remember when Jordache jeans with a flat-handle comb in the back pocket was cool.
**You remember the premier of MTV.
**Any photograph of you shows you with an Izod shirt with the collar turned up.
**You rode in the back of the stationwagon facing the cars behind you.
**Schoolhouse Rock played a huge part in how you learned things like math and history.
**You ever dressed to look like someone in a Madonna, Cyndi Lauper or Duran Duran video.
**The age-old question "Where's the beef?" still makes you laugh.
**You had a crush on Ted the photographer on Love Boat or Ponch on CHIPS.
**You've ever shopped at Bennetton.
**You had a front row seat for Luke and Laura's wedding on General Hospital.
**You know who shot JR.
**This rings a bell "My name's Charlie, and they work for me."
**You sat with your friends on any given Friday night in 1982 and dialed 867-5309 to see if Jenny would actually answer.
**"All skate, change directions" means something to you.
**You remember Bo and Luke Duke, Daisy, Boss Hogg and - worst of all - what Roscoe's full name was.
**You remember having a rotary phone.
**Members Only jackets - need I say more?

Flashing back,

B.

7 comments:

RamblinRealtor said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY TO YOUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAYYY TO YOUUU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR BERRVERRLLYYYY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOOUUUUUUU!
HOPE YOU HAVE A FANTABULOUS DAY ON YOUR 25TH! ;)

btw-'Video Killed the Radio Star' WAS the 1st video played on MTV...

Growin' With It said...

oh how ALL of these brought back memories. except the stationwagon one, thankfully we never did that!

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEVERLY...i knew it was today ya know!☺
♥U!

StephieAnne said...

Happy Birthday Beverly - hope it continues to be a phenomenal day!

SoonerAggieMom said...

HAPPY BIRFDAY SWEET FRIEND!!

You're 29 again, right? me too.

I knew all those things on the list. I now have the 867-5309 song stuck in my head.

I'm glad your family is taking good care of you and hope you have a marvelous day! <3

Growin' With It said...

how's it feel to be a day older? a day older than???? i find it hard to believe you're 29 again, i would assume still 19! hehehehe.

hey call me, we need to chat. my # is 867-5309!

O Fam said...

Roscoe P Coltrain Baby!!!! And I did ride in the station wagon backwards.

This really really made me laugh. I hope you had a GREAT Birthday, had some good family and friend time, and ate some good food!

Much love to you friend!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry I missed you birthday!!! I hope it was terrificly happy!

(Oh yeah - I must really be an in-betweener. Flashback city!)