background

Friday, December 5, 2008

Work with me, people!

First of all, this is not my house. This is my neighbor's house - well, my across the street neighbor. This is what I get to look at every night as I drive to my house. Isn't it purdy??? I do wish the photo was better so you could get that warm, gushy feeling I get when I just stand on my corner, freezing, staring at all of its fabulous-ness!

I have a confession to make.

I'm trying really hard to do the Drive Thru Difference. I was at BK on Wednesday and Starbuck's yesterday and NOBODY PULLED IN BEHIND ME!!!

Either time! I even lingered a little at the window while the cashiers gave me that "move along, lady, or maybe she's a robber" look. So, now I'm plotting where I can go today to do it. I prolly should be worried about packing on some unwanted holiday weight from too much fast food. All in the name of doing a random act of kindness! It might force me into a random act of excercising! Oy vey!

But making someone smile has been much easier. It's amazing how little things like giving up a spot in the shortest line or holding a door or complimenting someone's bright pink-striped hair will evoke a smile! :) There's one for you all!

Thank you all for your concern about the Christmas tree. No worries - it was all hypothetical, remember??

Gotta jet. Roman will report me to the principal if I spend too much time on the 'puter when I'm s'posed to be teaching!! *wink*

B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If my neighbor's house looked liked that I would be wearing a smile every evening! (Unless it was shining in my windows when I was trying to sleep then I would be irritated.)

Same thing happened to me with the DTC... I'm going to try again today...

O Fam said...

My neighbor's house def doesn't look like that! So, I will just enjoy yours.

Way to go with the drive-thru thing, can't wait to hear how it works.

And yes...we can text.