background

Monday, December 29, 2008

All I Want For Christmas

Click to play Christmas
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


I got!!

What a fabulous 4 days it has been. We've been crazy-busy but, at the same time, we've had lots of family time to just hang out with each other and friends.

Check out my Smilebox for some highlights. I'm just going to give you the bullett right now because this would be a humongo post if I chatted about all of it! Plus, I have a bunch of blogs to catch up on reading and I want to get to that!

  • Christmas Eve service at LC was amazing. I'm pretty sure it's the first CE service I've ever gone to in my whole life! Definitely the start of a new tradition for our family.
  • Christmas Eve party at Richard's Grandma's - might be the last one. Always makes me laugh because my kids used to be the babies running around. Not anymore!
  • Starting low-carb diet on the 20th - I have not had a single bite (I mean it!!) of anything sweet for 9 days. Not my mom's divine fruitcake, not Susan's coconut bread, no fudge...you get the picture. (insert very, very sad face here) But it is paying off on the scales!
  • Our whole fam rocking out to Eye of the Tiger on Guitar Hero 4. Laughing because my kids know more classic rock songs than I do!!
  • Wahoo, Rummy and Connect 4 smackdowns.
  • Christmas Day driving all over the state to see family.
  • Patrick's new dreadlocks.
  • Seeing Bedtime Stories - great movie. A must see!
  • Richard and I being child-free Friday night and what do we do? Get drive-thru Burger King then go home and watch two movies. We're so lame, right?
  • Patrick not waking up here Christmas morning - a first in a long time!
  • Josh and Roman having to go out to the mailbox in the freezing cold as part of their scavenger hunt. Always good for a laugh for the parents!! bwahahaha
  • Reading the Christmas Story from the Bible on Christmas morning - always a fave!
  • A Christmas morning visit from Ms. Anita with a gift for Roman from Hannah - truly the highlight of Roman's week!

There's more. There's always more. But that's for another day, another post!

Right now, I've got my coffee, I'm wrapped in a blanket and I'm headed to bloggy land!

c u l8r,

B.

2 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Oh, so much fun! I loved the slide show and all of the bullet point details! But, a carb free diet five days before Christmas...."I'm not worthy!"..... wow!

So glad it was such a special time for you and your family.

BTW - Sunriver is a mountain vacation home destination - kind of a mini-community of homes that folks primarily rent out. It has a lodge and a village mall - it's just a very cozy place.

Growin' With It said...

uhwaaa, i miss you people!