background

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Close Call

First of all, let me say thank you to all of you for your sweet comments either on here or in my e-mail about our church dilemma. It's not always as bad as it felt yesterday!

Today, I have to share something that just cracked Richard and me up completely!

Roman's class party is on Thursday. I've seen some e-mails from parents indicating their child has a little "something" for everyone in the class. Oh great! Now the pressure's on. (Remember this is a new school for us.) I can't just throw some candy at them. Yet.

I get the fabulous idea - really, I stole it from my friend Tonya - to make a cd of Roman's favorite Christmas songs and burn copies for all her classmates. We {heart} Christmas music and listen to it on our playlist year-round. Songs like "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas," "Breath of Heaven," "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth," "O Holy Night" (the Barlow Girls version is THE best!) These are just a few of the songs - you can see we like it all!!!

So, I give Richard the list of songs and the artists because every Christmas song has a bazillion versions. (Soap box: "Christmas Shoes" is not meant to be sung by Def Lepard. It's just wrong.) On that list is "All I Want for Christmas is You" by Mariah Carey. It's on my playlist but maybe, just maybe, I've never paid too close attention to the beginning of it.

Richard calls me in to listen to it. At the beginning there's some "chat" - a lot like we hear when we listen to TobyMac. He has his son, Truman, do some cute things on some songs. After some line by some guy who says something about getting to bed so Santa can come, the boy says "There ain't no d*mn Santa anyway."

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH MMMMMYYYYYYYYYY GOOOOOOOOOSSSHHHH!!!

And I was about to hand those out to the 14 students in Roman's class and her teacher - her class at her Christian school may I remind you!!!!!!

Can you imagine the phone calls I would have received on Friday????

Really, we laughed so hard at "what might have been." They probably wouldn't let me be the Lunch Lady anymore!!

I did check my playlist. That's not the Mariah version I have on there. Whew.

B.






4 comments:

Growin' With It said...

haha. oh that would have been a good one! gol richard...you big rockstar cusser you! great idea in theory. hope it turned out well?

Anonymous said...

Hopefully there would be a few other parents who would laugh?

I know I would. :-)

StephieAnne said...

too funny! good catch!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Well that certainly would have gotten them talking about the new girl and her family!