background

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

O Tannenbaum...

This is going to be a super fast post. Linda's giving away her amazing homemade caramels to someone who posts pics of their tree as part of another challenge on Sara's blog. (I really, really, really wish I could do those coolio link-y things to their blogs!! Here's a road map in my style: From my blog roll go to Growin' With It. On that blog, there's a giant Christmas tree. Click on that to get to Sara's blog for the deets.)

We have to get to Roman's indoor soccer game in just a few minutes so here goes!

This is my tree. Every branch is wrapped with little white lights so it sparkles from the center of the tree. (No, you cannot see any burn marks in the picture!!!) It's completely covered in ornaments made by my children, special ornaments given to us for various reasons, and then the ornaments I get for my children each year. I started buying ornaments for each of our children many years ago. I want them to have some special ornaments for their first tree when they finally get one!

We've had the angel on top since we got married. She fell once and broke her porcelain head. We couldn't find one of the small pieces so she's has a hole on the right side of her head! Doesn't stop her from watching over us!




I have these handprints for Josh and Roman from.....................2000!! Each year I make them put their hand on it to see the change! (Always a tear-jerker moment for me!)










I have 6 of these guys on my tree - some are snowmen and cowboys. Brandon, Josh and Roman all made these in 3rd grade with Mrs. Newmark.















This is an ornament I made in the 4th grade!! Do you remember the L'eggs eggs? That's what this is covered in cut-out pictures and glitter.

My kids think this is the greatest thing! I'm so glad my mom gave it to me.










And..............Bubble Lights. Why bubble lights, you ask? Do they hold some special memory from my "ancient days" as Roman puts it? Not at all. Many years ago, my friend Marla commented about having bubble lights on her tree when she was growing up so I just stole her memory!! haha

The red part bubbles and they just add the cool factor to this hodge podge tree.

I do love this tree and every memory it represents. I get a little misty each year as the kids put their ornaments on its branches. On the same branches. All bunched up. Crowded into one area. :)

Seriously, I only moved 2 or 3 this year. Or maybe 8. Or more.

Just a little OCD for the holidays! Tis the season, right?

I can't wait to see everyone's trees and hear your stories and traditions!

Gotta jet!

B.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love bubble lights - my grandmother had them on her tree when I was a kid. (I wonder what happened to them...)

Beautiful tree - those ornaments are awesome!

Growin' With It said...

Every branch is wrapped with little white lights ...guess what my demands will be for next year's christmas tree. you're so smart.

ahh memories is right. those sweet handprints.*BIG sigh*. and bubble lights. i totally forgot about those. i will surely look around these parts for some. love that idea.

Growin' With It said...

hey, don't forget to sign up on the linky at sara's blog: http://butterville.blogspot.com/ she has a spot where you put your name and website address so other peeps can come drool. it's a great way to make new friends too! and of course..SHOW OFF!