background

Monday, December 8, 2008

So NOT Boring

I remember when I started this blog and I was worried about how boring we were and would I have anything to write about, blah blah blah...

Now I can't seem to get any time at the computer to put it all down on paper...er, the screen. (I forget which century I'm living in!)

It's been an eventful last few days in the Wright house. It was a weekend spent with all kinds of friends and doing all kinds of things from crafting to skating to watching the fabulous OU Sooners beat Missouri like a d.r.u.m. with some obnoxious OU fans. {love them anyway!!!}

The real highlight of our weekend was seeing Cirque Du Soleil's Saltimbanco on Sunday. There is not an adjective powerful enough to describe that performance. We sat there just saying "Wow." "Oh my." "Wow." over and over again!

Richard and I saw Mystere when we were in Las Vegas about 8 years ago and I've never forgotten it so I knew I wanted to take Josh and Roman to this one. They were crazy amazed at the stunts just like I knew they would be. I hope I haven't sparked any wannabe-circus performers in them!!


These photos are from our newspaper. You know I had my camera in my purse and was ready to sneak it out to get some video and pictures for y'all - but Richard said if I got caught he would not get me out of circus-jail!! These are better than anything I would have snapped, anyway. If you have time, there are some videos out on YouTube you can drool over.

Sunday night we had a dodgeball party for Josh's soccer team which was tons o' fun! We are so blessed to be part of teams for both Josh and Roman that are filled with kids and parents that we truly enjoy spending time with. Throw in some pizza, diet coke and a cookie cake - what could be better???

But, today was filled with a lot of sadness. Lin and Laur - Todd Hannon's mom and aunt were killed in a car wreck last night and his dad and uncle have traumatic injuries which are keeping them in ICU. We spent a little time with them at the hospital this morning but have kept them in prayer all day. The Hannons are special people so, all my blog friends, lift them up as you can. I believe the prayers of the faithful will sustain them.

Still working hard on my Drive Thru Difference campaign - but, incredibly enough, I haven't been back to a drive thru!!! I went to happy hour at Sonic today but that's a pull-in situation. Arrrrrgh. I did get to see many people smile today. A group from Roman's school rang the bell for the Salvation Army and sang Christmas carols for all the shoppers. They were a "lively' little group - making up words they couldn't remember, adding in a few dance moves, etc!! Everyone that passed by seemed to enjoy them. But, then again, we were at Hobby Lobby - I get a big ol' grin on my face walking in there any time of the year!!

So that's it for me! I'll be blog-hopping in the next few days catching up with you all. I've missed you and can't wait to hear/read what you've been up to!

Peace out,

B.

4 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Wow, "eventful" is an understatement! Thanks for all the fun we can live vicariously through - and certainly, I'll be lifting that family up in prayer.

Anonymous said...

Cirque du Soleil is amazing. Good thing you didn't have to go to circus jail. There may have been those bizarre clowns there...

I'm praying.

--Bonnie

Growin' With It said...

curtis told me about it yesterday. ugg. never a good time to go thru something like that and especially during the holidays. i'll email them. and surely be praying. miss those sweet people and wish i could hug their necks. do it for me will ya?

SoonerAggieMom said...

Oh, so very sorry to hear about Todd & Mary's family. How heartbreaking!! I will be praying for them, you & Richard as you are there for them.

Dewayne has seen CDS when he went on his man trip to Hawaii with Scott. He watches them on TV anytime he can find them. I'll tell him ya'll went.

I can top your football story. We watched the OU/MO game with obnoxious Texas fans! They are way worse than ANY obnoxious OU fans!