background

Monday, December 29, 2008

O Showdown - R U Ready, StephieAnne?

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

Tonight's the night! Our Cowboys take on the Oregon Ducks in the Holiday Bowl. And...hmmmmm...I know some folks in Oregon. And they are Ducks fans. So I thought a little trash talk would be fittin' this morning. *wink*

I'm counting on all 2 of my OSU friends to be in this with me. (Yes, it's sad but true. We live so close to OU country, it's hard to find another Cowboy fan here. But I know Terri C and Jayne D are supporting me as they read this!)

So, my challenge is this: If OSU wins, I expect to see a full page "ad" on you Oregonian's - StephieAnne and Linda - blogs telling of the superior football program and the lovely orange color we wear - you get the idea. Feel free to go on and on and on and on. If the Ducks win, I'll do the same. Really, I'll do it. Promise.

Here's the kick in the pants for us, Roman has an indoor soccer game at 6:10!!! We won't be home until 7:30 so we're having to dvr the game and try to get home without hearing any of it! Trust me, it's all I can do not to send that girl with my friend, Tonya, to her game and park myself in front of the flatscreen!! JK. Roman's game is MUCH more important than the BCS Holiday Bowl. (I keep telling myself that.)

So, Ducks fans, do you accept my challenge?

B.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whew - I'm glad Colorado State has such a bad football team...

Growin' With It said...

hehe, i have the same banner on my post. feels so famous to be from "both" of those states! i don't know about posting on it, simply because i am bias. but if oregon does win, i'm sure i won't be able to resist!

RamblinRealtor said...

PISTOLS FIRING---TOUCHDOWN COWBOYS!!!
GO POKES!!
I happen to be your #3 OSU fan(I told Gary AFTER we got married))
Plus my Brady is OSU bound........

~~~~~~~~~~WAVING WHEAT~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jayne said...

I'm wearing my ORANGE as I read your post! I'm proud to be in such as small elite group with you. :) I didn't realize there were only three of us! Oh, well, here we go - Ride, ride, ride, ride, ride 'em Cowboys!

StephieAnne said...

You are awesome! I love it! Had I not been otherwise occupied by sledding, the hot tub, making cookies, raspberry pretzel salad, finishing the second of the TWILIGHT series (started it here on vacation), and chocolate chip cookies, I would have already issued a challenge on my blog!

I just called out, 36 minutes until game time.... I'm wearing my brand new Duck t-shirt and pumped to go!

Yes, I agree. I often have "feelings" about how a game might go- though I'm rarely accurate, but I do have a positive feeling about our Ducks tonite. We really game to play at the Civil War and I think the team feels strong. But given that your logo and colors are so close to our other "OSU" here in the state, I think it would be a hoot (and even more of a nose-rub) to have to highlight the merits of your team.

Game on, my friend - you honor me!