background

Thursday, December 11, 2008

A Christmas Thought

Finally! Success in the Drive Thru Difference. And, crazily enough, it wasn't easy!

I had lunch duty at Roman's school today which I love because a little part of me lives through Junie B. Jones and I've always wanted to be the Lunch Lady! (You must read JBJ: Boss of Lunch. I so relate to that girl!) I never remember to take something to eat so by 1 pm I am s.t.a.r.v.i.n.g.!!

I think to myself "Today's the day. I'm going to a drive thru for lunch and I'm going to bless someone if I have to sit there all day!" Taco Bueno was calling my name. (Chicken crunchy potato burrito......yummo!)

I get into the line and sure enough someone pulls up behind me. Yay!! I pull up to the window and the nicest man takes my money and I start to TRY to tell him what I want to do. The only problem is that his English is very limited. (Ahhh, that Bueno. They're keeping it real, kwim?) I'm trying to ask him how much for the person behind me but he keeps insisting that I've already paid and that I have a happy day.

This went on for just a moment before the whole crew inside the store was at the window trying to find out why I was holding up their formerly fast-moving line. *blushing* I finally get to perform my RAK and give them the letter from the House FM and zip on out of there! I'm a big talk radio listener but for the rest of this day, I'm going to be listening only to the House to see if **crossing fingers** the guy will call in!

I do want to share a poem that was printed in the monthly magazine for our little city. I hope it stirs your heart the way it did mine.

If our greatest need had been for information,
God would have sent an educator.
If our greatest need had been for technical knowledge,
God would have sent a scientist.
If our greatest need had been for money,
God would have sent an economist.
If our greatest need had been for pleasure,
God would have sent an entertainer.
But our greatest need was for forgiveness,
So God sent us a Savior.
-Author Unknown

Hope you all have a terrific Thursday!

B.

4 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Way to go girl!

You mean people speak English at your drive-thrus?

StephieAnne said...

Way to make it happen, Bev!

I read that it's official - our DUCKS will be playing your Oklahoma State at the holiday bowl. That's pretty cool....

RamblinRealtor said...

Mui Bueno mi amigo......

C'est une bonne jour!.....what a good day in francais.....sorry flashback fr/high school

Growin' With It said...

i had to sadly laugh at that poem. sure wouldn't EVER see that in a city magazine around here. oh how i miss that bible belt!

the drive thru story was a hoot. should've tried doing sign language then see how crazy it could have gotten. i think you are so sweet doing that beverly. i will also laugh hysterically if some sweet person from an office building is driving up behind you to pick up everyone's order from their 20 staffed business. bwhahah. awful, aren't i...teasing you about your goodwill.