background

Monday, December 22, 2008

Always a Theme

So, I'm sitting in my front room having a gift wrapping marathon, watching Jon and Kate Plus Eight - one of my favorite shows - making a comment about what a control-organization-matching freak Kate is when I just had to LOL because I have a little more than a smidge of that in me!

I always have a theme to my gift wrap each Christmas - whether it's color or pattern or accessories. The first year we were married, I wrapped everything in plain brown paper and made huge, paper bows in green and red. One year, it was all plaid paper. Another year, it was all red and white paper and every gift had a candy cane attached. No gift bags under this tree. Even gift cards get wrapped. This year..........ahhhhhhh..........polka dots. I do love me a polka dot!! On anything and everything. So, those pretty packages are makin' me sooooo happy with that smorgasbord of polka dots!

Kate's got nothin' on me, right? Except 4 kids...

B.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh polka dots, oh polka dots,
how lovely are thy roundness.

Thy red and greenness are divine
Big and small thy art sublime

Oh polka dots, oh polka dots,
how lovely are thy roundness.

(Except for in chicken pox, but that's a different song...)

Merry Christmas!!

--Bonnie

StephieAnne said...

Love the new picture of you - you are such a cutie!

I can't say I prescribe to any themes, necessarily, but I am a big stickler for using ribbons and not stick-on bows. I actually think they are easier and don't crush as easy when we take the presents out to mom and dads or store them until they come out Christmas morning....

I love your polka dots!

RamblinRealtor said...

My best trick--which I haven't repeated yet, but should very soon....each kid had a pattern of their own....no name tags...so no picking thru to see who had what. At Christmas eve--when we the fam open our gifts- they got to see which pattern was theirs and it was over in a matter of seconds.

SoonerAggieMom said...

Oh yea, I did what Marcey said one year. Nobody knew what their wrapping was.

Now I just wrap with what I bought the year before. boring, I know.

Jayne said...

I LOVE your polka dots. Next year, when I don't have quite-so-small-and-needy children, maybe my presents will once again be coordinated. :) I actually used up all of the ends of rolls of paper I've had for the last couple of years, a few gift sacks, and (GASP!) stick on bows. I hang my head in shame.