background

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Old Friends...Not that We're Old!!




Maybe I should have titled this "Lifelong Friends" because, seriously, I don't know how I could have had a 22-year-old friendship when I still feel like I'm 18!!
My bestest friend from college was in town from Tennessee for the day yesterday and we tried to spend every minute of it together. Let me just say, we shut down Starbuck's last night! Even after the baristas had turned off the lights, locked the door and gone to their cars - we sat on the patio and chatted and laughed until our 40-year-old bodies reminded us that we NOW require sleep at a certain hour!

These photos are of Mindi and me. The one on the right is circa 1987. (I don't really know what circa means but I've seen it before. Maybe it means "many moons ago.") The one on the left is from last fall. She looks like I'm squeezing her guts out but I chose this one cuz it was the better picture of me!!
(Sorry about the weirdness of the photos and placement. I cannot, for the life of me figure out how to put pictures where I want them. BUT, and this is huge, I scanned the one from 1987 and got it on here all by myself!!! Prolly couldn't do it again, but YAY for me!!)
We met, as freshmen, at Northern Oklahoma College in Tonkawa in 1986. It was the start of a truly wonderful and unique friendship that has lasted all this time. I could fill volumes about this chick but no one but us would want to read that, I'm sure!! *rolls eyes*

So, let me just say that no one has influenced my life more than she has. She is a "what you see is really what you get" type of girl. She loves Jesus and is transparent in her ability to love others without judgment or condemnation no matter what their life choices may be. We are terrible at keeping in touch with each other but always pick right up where we left off and love each other like we hadn't missed a beat. Our friendship is like a great pair of Nike Shocks - no matter how old (again, we're not old!) they get, you keep going back to them even when you have brand new New Balance 718's on your shoe rack.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10a says "Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion."
I **heart** you, Min!
Beverly


1 comment:

SoonerAggieMom said...

What a great post! I love your friend just hearing about her. No matter where you go, how old you get, or how many friends you have, some people are just irreplacable. I'm so thankful for my friends...near and far.

WTG of scanning the pic!