background

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Boring...Just the Way I Like It!!

It is H*O*T, hot here in the heartland. So I dug up this video of the boys during one of the last ice storms we had so I could remember that summer really doesn't last forever. On this day, there was no school, stores were closed tighter than a drum but my boys HAD to get to Lightning Creek for the best sledding in the state. Keep in mind, videography isn't their strength and there were literally 50 videos that they made that day with my camera. This just happens to have all three of them in it and it makes me giggle! (Yes - that is Josh tumbling down the hill at the end of it. YIKES!)

I have - for the most part - stuck to my "stay at home" week and it's been FABULOUS!! Josh had football practice every morning, Roman had two rehearsals, we met Patrick for lunch and he took the little kids swimming, Roman had a dr's appointment this morning and that, folks, is ALL! Woo Hoo!! Party!

Oh, wait.

Tuesday night Josh had a session with a kid who is the kicker on his college football team. Josh is going to try out for that position on his jr. high team so he needed to learn to kick for reals. I guess it's a little different than kicking a soccer ball. So, while the boys were doing that, Roman and I played tennis. (Please refer back to the top where I commented on how hot it is here. 100 degrees still at 7 pm. At least 110 on the tennis court at 7 pm.) Picture me: sweat dripping from every point it could drip from, trying to keep up a happy face so my daughter could practice all the skills she learned at tennis camp the week before. After only 30 minutes, my knees hurt, my shoulder hurt and I'm sure I had mild dehydration. After 45 minutes, I convinced her we had REALLY been out there for over an hour (Wow! Doesn't time fly when you're having so much fun?) Then we went in the tennis center and I practically laid over the vent on the floor that was blowing out the coldest air EVAH!!

There was one thing that came out of that tennis game - I really want one of those cute tennis outfits!! You know the ones with the skirt and the matching shirt. I bet it has a built-in air conditioning system!! Seriously, it was fun. I used to play a lot of tennis when I was in college. Here's a random fact about me: I was the intramural tennis champ and racquetball champ at NOC!

Going to ice my shoulder,

Beverly

2 comments:

Growin' with it said...

oh sure and all we get is "mild" heat and rain...hmph. heat hogger! how about blowin' some of that stuff west. dang i miss that hot weather!

the tennis shirt/skirt? i can picture girl and you would look HOT!...not sweaty hot either!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Nurse Beverly, you know you need some ibuprofin to go along with the ice. Dewayne and I played tennis in college too but the thought of doing it now makes my million dollar knees hurt.

Loved the ice storm video! Brought back some fun memories both from the ice as well as soccer. It snowed in College Station one day last winter...Clint slept right thru it and it was gone by noon.

Clint's best friend in high school was our football team's kicker and he got all his kicking talent from soccer. I sat with his mom one game that came down to a final field goal which he made, but we were all biting our nails. So toughen up before he gets to high school. :)