background

Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Great Church Search and a Sneek Peek

Another Sunday, another visit to a local church. And, today it finally happened. (I know you're thinking we may have heard from the Lord and found a place to put down roots...but, ummmm, no that's really not it.) We sang out of a hymnal. Insert long, dramatic pause here. It's been at least 15 years for me and NEVER for our little kids. I wish I could remember which hymn it was.


Now don't get me wrong. I love hymns. Strike that. I wish I loved hymns. (Like I wish I loved vegetables and exercise.) Really, I don't even like hymns very much. I really like the message and that someone wrote them 28 bazillion years ago in response to their love of our Heavenly Father. But, besides that, I almost couldn't open the hymnal after the worship pastor called out the page number - I was too busy trying not to hyperventilate and run screaming from the auditorium.


To quote Roman: "Well, I bet we can put that church in the "no" column." Out of the mouths of babes, right?


BUT, of course, God was so gracious to me and had something to say specifically to my heart. The word of the day for me was 'surrender.' I have been so very focused on being obedient - which takes a L*O*T of work that I sometimes miss the joy of surrendering myself to the wonderful plans He has for me. Redeemer, Savior, Friend.


They showed a video about worship which was amazing. We talk about worship: how and when and where we do it, the right way, the wrong way, blah blah blah. But, what did Jesus say about worship? Not much. He lived it. Everyday. I'm gonna work on that.


It's late now. We've had a busy weekend. Josh has football practice in the morning and Roman starts a tennis camp. So I need to go to bed. I'll leave you with a teaser about the big THING in my life right now. And, since I CANNOT put pictures where I want them in a blog post, I'll put it in separate post. Aaarrrrrgggghh.


TTFN,


Beverly



2 comments:

Growin' with it said...

oh darling, you need to get in touch w/ ms. kristi c!!!

and thanks for the tender lovin' nurse bev...i am on that routine and have the 500mg tylenol for it. still not cuttin it but i just remind my tongue, mouth, teeth, gums that I GAVE BIRTH and this ain't nothing!

love your hugs!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Hymnal? They still use those??

j/k

I have a devotion book that each day is based on a hymn; the writer, the circumstances etc. I think I'll get it back out and read it.