background

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Drive by Post-N-Ditch

No time for much chattin! But, let me just say, I have a LOT to chat about. So pretty soon, you'll have to pull up a chair, grab a cup o' joe and some chocolate and I will fill you in on all the comings and goings at the Wright house. Aye yi yi.


I did have a few things to post about that just couldn't wait. This is the cheesecake Josh made recently. When I say he made it - I mean he made it with cream cheese, sugar, eggs, flour, etc. (No mixes for that future chef!) It was quite an adventure with the mixer. Ya know how you shouldn't raise the mixer up when it's going cuz it will splatter everything with what your mixing??? I didn't quite make that point before it happened. Twice.

But, it was so good. Josh LOVES cheesecake and he thought it was pretty good, too. Maybe he


will be the next Food Network Star. (don't get me started about that show!! do you watch it? did you see the finale Sunday night???)

And, this picture is of Roman's indoor soccer team, Roma. (She loves that the name is so close to hers!!! When anyone cheers for "Roma" she thinks they are saying her name.)

Anyway...they played their last game of the season last night and took home 1st place trophies!! Way to go girls!

But, if you can believe it, the person on top of the trophy is a BOY!!! How dare they? My daughter will probably be writing a "strongly worded letter" to the folks at the arena. Giving a boy trophy to girls.........what is the world coming to? *wink* Like Richard says "you can't stop her, you can only hope to contain her!"

I'm outta here,

Beverly

3 comments:

Growin' with it said...

i haven't had breakfast yet...tell josh i'll be right over! ;o)

SoonerAggieMom said...

YOU GO ROMAN!! WRITE 'EM A LETTER!! I cannot believe how grown up she is. Where has the time gone?

And do you think Josh would come and teach ME how to make a cheesecake from scratch??? The mixer story, well, tell him there's nothing wrong with that....I cook like that all the time.

Can't wait to hear about your busy week. And btw, if anyone should be writing a blog, it's M. Hollon. She used to faithfully email me and I would sit here and laugh til I cried! I bet she has some stories to tell.

Growin' with it said...

ENOUGH of the cheesecake pix. i've gained 5 pounds each time i come by here!

what, do you have a life other than blogging or something? heehee!

hey, i changed my spot...find me here now:
http://growinwithit.blogspot.com/