background

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Inspired


First, a little tidbit from "Bev's Crafty Corner." :^) I made this as a birthday gift for one of Roman's friends from her soccer team. She just got a room remodel in lime green, hot pink and zebra stripes - so this should fit right in. The picture doesn't really show all the BLING and sparkle that I added. Can a girl have too much bling? I hope she liked it!
Speaking of remodels.....................
I (and my family) had the opportunity to participate in an extreme home makeover for a very deserving family this weekend. It all started with (here I go again!!) my friend Joan's daughter, Stephanie. A few years ago, Stephanie, then 12-ish, raised money and gave an update to the waiting room of the Jimmy Everest Cancer Center at CHO. (Her brother had spent A LOT of time there when he was battling cancer.) The next year, she continued to raise money and gave a complete Christmas "package" to this needy family - tree, dinner, gifts, etc. And did it anonymously. So this weekend it was a total home makeover. New roof, paint inside and out, new furniture, new flooring, new curtains and blinds, new accessories, cleaning from top to bottom. And, she got a total kitchen remodel, complete with new appliances, donated from a local interior designer. That will happen in the next few months.
So, instead of the Great Church Search today, we spent the day living Jesus's words. And it was incredible. It was hot. It was muggy. We were stinky. We are exhausted. My sweet children worked and worked and never complained and really understood the value of what we were doing.
So, here's a shout out to Stephanie! You are an amazing young woman with a servant's heart and you have inspired me. Thanks for letting us be a part of your BIG GIVE!!
Humbled,
Beverly

1 comment:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Oooh I love Bev's crafty corner. I'm getting ready to redo Clint's room (my way of erasing the gf that broke his widdle heart). Could you do a CLINT in brown? Wait, he's 20 and wouldn't see the humor.

Good for you to work all day and teach your kids another way of showing Christ's love for others.
You are awesome!