background

Monday, July 14, 2008

Mid-life Crisis, Much???



Well, Linda, it's not bumblebee yellow - or Screaming Yellow as it's known in the Ford world - but pack those boys up and send them to me and I will gladly take them for a ride!! (And, fyi, if Josh could have chosen, it would have been that yellow!)

So...........it all started Friday morning when Mike M. picked Jeffrey up at our house and handed me the keys to Michelle's convertible Mustang and said "I just gassed it up. Take it for the weekend and have fun." (They were headed to the lake for the weekend.) I just "couldn't" really do that, could I? I didn't want to impose.........so I just went and bought my own!! **huge grin**

I could tell you all the ways we rationalized this purchase and how it's smarter than the Trail Blazer, yada yada yada. (Call my friend Tonya and she can laugh her way through all those deets!) But, seriously, I just wanted one and have for a very, very long time. (Way back a few years to high school. LOL)

The funniest part is that I'm the hottest-natured person to ever live. If you are freezing cold, I'm probably just right. If you are comfortably warm, I'm melting with heat exhaustion. It's July here in Oklahoma and it's H*O*T outside - but I'll be snookered if I have put that top up once since Saturday! Maybe if the kids need it up........................*wink*

I haven't really told many people about it but my SIL just called me and busted me. My BIL had seen me a little while ago coming home from Josh's soccer practice! I asked how I looked and he said, "Like a 21-year-old." Mike S., have I ever told you you're my favorite????

Gotta jet,

Beverly

4 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

VAROOM VAROOM VAROOM! Promise you'll post about your first speeding ticket.

You go girl!

Growin' with it said...

i always knew you were one HOT MAMA and this just tops the cake. you just put on those shades, crank up the radio, let the hair blow thru your hair and enjoy this one girl!

sure happy for ya. it's almost like being happy for a girlfriend who just had her first baby. AWESOME!! congrats all the way.

{btw...found out "bumble bee" is really a camaro, so no deal on the kids. yay for me! cuz they would look just as cute sittin in that thar convertible.}

one last thing...i need a pic of my friend bev sitting in that car. when ya gonna post one?!

have fun cruisin' 119th st. next to michelle in hers!

Curtis said...

Watch your keys carefully. Richard may start taking this to work before you even get up. My first thought was an advertisement for a car that a young couple would both compete every morning to drive.

Tonya said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your new car!!! And I am very happy for you!!! How many times have you went in the garage today "just to look at it?" LOL
I am still working on Tod.... (rationalizing) on how it is such a "smart" idea to get me my Silver BMW as my second car....Any tips for me that you used on Richard??? LOL
ps.... was that you on Bryant in front of that cop car with his lights on???? LOL