background

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Stamp Day.........or How I Keep My Sanity



I **HEART** rubber stamping. It makes me feel like the most creative and artistic person ever to walk this earth. Move over Picasso. And, once a month I spend all day stamping with my peeps in my stamp club.

These girls rock! About a year and a half ago, I got a call from Sandy, who I only kinda knew through another friend of mine. She told me about a group of women who had been stamping together for FOREVAH. There were six of them and they rotated houses each month and stamped and ate lunch together. They hauled every stamp, ink pad, and embellishment they possessed in suit cases and shared it all with each other. One of the ladies was going back to work (GASP!!) and they invited me to join their group.

Completely out of character for me because I'm not a jump-out-there-and-meet-new-people-on-my-own kind of girl, I said yes and it has been one of the most enjoyable things I have ever done. These women took me in and I feel like we've been friends our whole lives. And, when we get together, the glitter and ribbon and cardstock just fly all around us. It's fabulous!

These cards are made with all Stampin Up! supplies. Oh that Stampin Up!.............love, love, love all their stuff cuz it all matches. And I want everything to match: the ink, the cardstock, the ribbon - all of it.
Here's my crazy confession of the day: Patterned paper is my passion. I buy it, lots of it, and then I hoard it. I get it out and look at it but never, ever use it on a card or scrapbook page. Yep - it makes me a little happy!
And, before I go, just a little WORD ABOUT THE BIRD. It's now been three nights of no sleep after 2 a.m. Last night, Richard did go out and shake the tree (thank you Linda and Bro. Curtis!) and they/it did fly away. For a few minutes. And then they/it came back loud and proud. It's raining here tonight so I'm hoping they have to cut their little vacay short and go back where they came from!
Here's to sleeping on Josh's top bunk,
Beverly

2 comments:

Growin' with it said...

sounds like richard might need a chainsaw next!

SoonerAggieMom said...

I've never stamped but always love getting your stamped Christmas cards. I just might give it a try. This wouldn't cut into my computer time would it?