background

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

For the Birds

OK. Remember the baby birds in the nest on my back porch? Remember how I loved them, watched over them and encouraged them as they started to grow? Remember how sad I was when they flew away and then how happy I was when I knew they came home each night to sleep in their own bed? Remember how I was so willing to clean up their "mess" that fell under the nest onto my porch?

Well...........that's all out the window!! I have a new bird "situation."

I love the sound of birds chirping. I like when there are several birds together and they seem to be talking to one another and playing. It's so enjoyable and just soothing to my soul.

BUT NOT AT 2 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING!!!

Aaaaaccckk! We have been awakened the last two nights (morning) by birds having a huge party right outside our bedroom window. The first night it was at least 2 1/2 hours of birds gone wild! Last night we turned on our box fan and agreed that if it happened again, the first one to hear it would turn the fan on high. My sweet hubby heard it first (or maybe I was pretending to sleep so he would get up *insert evil laugh here*) and turned the fan up. Crazily enough, I could still hear the birds!!!

I have no idea what to do! Don't birds sleep? Is this some species of nocturnal bird that I've never been exposed to?

And, when did I forget that I really don't like birds because I'm scared they are going to dive-bomb me like they did the lady in the movie, The Birds?

So many questions, so much sleep deprivation!

Later,

Bleary-eyed Beverly

2 comments:

Growin' with it said...

hmmm now this sounds like the exact same night we had. or should i say early morning. the box fan wouldn't cut it in our case so my ingenious husband went outside and threw something at the branches. and suprisingly they stopped. i'm sure huffing away by our rudeness in interrupting their pretty song.

maybe your's is a mock (yea) ing (yea) bird, (yea) {to lift up high the funniest movie ever...Dumb & Dumber}

seriously though. i heard that they "sing" all thru the night. and lastly, what if it is a love song from some young first-time-in-love love bird and he is wooing his new girl? how can you think about stopping him then?

SoonerAggieMom said...

Wish I could help you but we have the same problem. Dewayne even commented a few nights ago "what are those birds doing out there?"

Minnie will probably start jumping after them (see my blog)

Maybe you can nap during the day.