background

Saturday, July 19, 2008

More Evidence...


that I have completely lost my mind!

Yes, that is a samurai sword in my sweet baby son's hands that he bought with his birthday $$. He likes to strike that pose and say "Wya haa" in his best ninja samurai high voice. I seriously just howl laughing because I think he's going to bust
out a whole string of Japanese lingo and start
doing some ninja flips and moves.



It all started when (it seems like I always say this!!
LOL) he was just a baby in his high chair. Before I was a mom, I would say things like "I'm not going to let my children play with guns" and "I'm going to teach my children to not fight" yada, yada, yada. Give peace a chance, right? Who knew I was such a hippie?


So, I did my best to stay away from guns as toys for the boys until that monumental day in the high chair. Josh was eating toast as part of his breakfast. I looked over and he had bitten his toast into the shape of a gun and was shooting his big brothers with it! I started learning then the true "hunter" nature of boys. And, it has been quite the ride ever since - I just roll with it!

On that note, if you haven't read Wild At Heart by John Eldridge and you have any association with men/boys i.e. you have a husband, boyfriend, male children, brothers - I would highly recommend it. All to say, it's "in their genes!" And, it's a wonderful thing, really.

There have been a few casualties of the sword already. No, not fingers or toes of the sister. A few balloons have lost their lives to Ninja Samurai Banzuki Josh!

I love that boy!

Peace out,

Beverly

1 comment:

SoonerAggieMom said...

This is too funny! I don't know why little boys turn everything into a gun, but they do. Maybe you should give N.S.B.J. a room full of balloons and let him have at it....get it out of his system before that swanky new car of your gets a scratch on it from him.