background

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Michael Phelps and my husband are on drugs!

Have you seen the headline about MP?? There's a big ol' picture of him on the Fox News website smoking pot from a bong!! I thought about posting it here but it truly disgusts me so I decided to just talk bad about him instead. Not really about the talking bad part. I'm sure his mom whomped him upside the head enough for the both of us. Shame on you, MP.

But on the other hand...........the Cutest Boy on the Block took some drugs last night that absolutely snowed him under!!! (and that made me giggle just a little, teeny, tiny bit!!) He's been suffering with some terrible neck/shoulder pain for quite some time. He, being the typical man, wouldn't take the time to see a doctor so me, being the typical, compassionate, loving nurse/wife told him to "suck it up cupcake" if you're not going to get it treated. (Seriously, I did medicate him, change his pillow, yada yada yada, before I told him to s.i.u.c!)

Now, the Cutest Boy is not, I repeat not, a doctor. He has seen enough of ER and the surgery channel to THINK he is a doctor sometimes. He was determined that he needed an MRI and nothing else and didn't want to "spend weeks seeing a bunch of different doctors and trying a bunch of stuff." (Notice the use of the medical term "stuff.") Well, the doctor x-rayed him and did order an MRI and did order physical therapy and gave him a script for a muscle relaxer. (I so knew what was coming with this one!!) He took his first one last night and was acting like a drunk within 15 minutes!! Thankfully, he had gone right to bed when it started working but until he fell asleep, he was feeling a little "something." I did get a good laugh but, of course, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't grab my camera and use the video function to capture all the fun!!

He does feel much better today but is refusing to take any more Zanaflex!! I don't think I have to worry about him using a bong any time soon!!!

bwahaha

B.

4 comments:

StephieAnne said...

Oh, muscle relaxants.... I consider those to be a very good thing for neck and back pain as they cause the muscles to stop "seizing" vs. just masking the pain by cutting off the nerve cessations with the painkillers (not that those don't have their place!). Glad he's feeling better. One of the medicines I take when I'm REALLY hurting can sometimes be considered my "I love you" drug - as after I take it, that's how I feel towards my family. It's funny to recognize if I'm not at a place of still being in intense pain....

Growin' With It said...

i always thought richard was a little loopie!☺ hee hee. j/k. poor fella. so, i guess if we read posts from you talking about seeing mushrooms floating in the air, etc. we'll know who's been dipping next! get well soon richard!
♥u2!

Anonymous said...

I need a video next time please! :-)

My hubby is so cute on drugs. He tells the worst jokes and is snuggly like a bear and then zonk - is out.

SoonerAggieMom said...

Poor, sweet CBONB. Nothing worse than a man trying to be brave and on drugs. I wish him the best with his PT. Remind him that really stands for pain and torture. How did he get this pain in the first place?

Shame on MP. What was he thinking?