background

Friday, February 27, 2009

Goodbye Norman Gentle and Other Stuff

Any American Idol fans out there??? Is anyone watching?

Every Thursday night - or whichever night is the second night of AI - we watch both shows on the DVR. I totally can't watch one and then have to wait a whole 24 hours before I know the results. Also, we're all home together after 7:30 on Thursday nights so it works well.

Finally, last night, we saw the end of Nick Mitchell aka Norman Gentle. Get off that stage already. I'm telling you, I was yelling at the judges every time they put him through to the next round. And, if Josh says one more time "He can kinda sing" I'm going to pinch him on the ear! This morning, as I was AGAIN painting, I heard the dj on Air1 say "I'm sorry to see him go. The world needs to laugh especially right now."

No. No. No. AI is not for laughing - it is for singing! If people want to laugh at something on tv, just turn on some re-runs of Frasier - the funniest sitcom EVAH!! - or Reba. Now that show can make you chuckle.

My problem with Norman/Nick is prolly that my sweet, little Patrick really does have a nice voice. Maybe he isn't ready for AI, but N/N certainly didn't deserve to go that far!

Rant over.

In other AI news, Roman said to us last night, "If I ever decide to audition for AI and you really think I stink, please, PLEASE tell me before Simon does." Will do. But I'm SURE she's the next American Idol!!
Now on to a bit of random-ness. This ceiling fan is in our study and our bedroom. The fan and the light run from a remote control. (cool, huh?) For the whole entire time we've lived here, I have complained about the amount of light that these put out. Seriously, at night in our bedroom, it was like having a night light on. When I turn on the light - I want a bunch of light, KWIM?

The other day, Cutest Boy was messing with the remote and, for some reason, kept holding down the button that turns it on and off. IT MADE THE LIGHT BRIGHTER!!! It is now like a regular light fixture with the regular amount of light coming out of it!

So glad I'll get to enjoy that for the next 12 days!! Really, I'll gladly give that up for my new digs!

B.

2 comments:

StephieAnne said...

We love American Idol - and yes, time for Normal Gentle to exit stage left....

I'm so pumped that 3 of the 6 finalists are worship leaders at their Christian churches! How cool is that....?!

And, I know exactly what you are talking about with that ceiling fan...... we have one in our bedroom that operates like that too!

SoonerAggieMom said...

LOL that cbotb is the smartest one too.

I haven't watched AI this time. I don't get into it until about a month before it's over. I will start watching now after reading StephieAnne's comment about the worship leaders.

How's the packing?