background

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Killz is my friend

I {heart} blogging. I really do. And I so enjoy reading the blogs of old friends and new friends that I've only met through blogging. I just wish I could find a way to do that while I'm driving since that seems to be the only "down" time I have these days!

Real life gets in the way sometimes.

That's what's happening to me right now. I've got schtuff. And lots of it. All good. But still schtuff.

Let me just start with my usual random non-sense that I love to talk about!! Remember Josh's Celtic room from a few posts back? I'm painting it. There's no way I would even think about painting it without using Killz first - unless I was going with a solid black. Not happening.
This is the black frame I painted around his Celtic flag. I was sure there was no hope for covering that, right?
After the first coat.
Then after the second coat. Presto! Don't you think paint will now cover everything? I hope so because I am so over painting anymore Killz onto those walls. It smells like cat pee. ewwww gross!!

So what am I doing besides painting you ask?

Moving.

That's right. Moving. In 16 days. I'll post about that soon. For reals.

But for now - for posterity - here's the bullet of what the Wrights have been doing:

  • Josh scored a 20 on the ACT. Yes he is a 7th grader. Full scholarships here we - I mean he - comes!! woo hoo!! I feel completely confident that his smarticle dna comes from me. He is part of a program from Duke University to advance him academically blah, blah, blah. Whatev. I like it!

  • Roman's soccer team won their indoor league. And they were playing in the boys' division. Girls rule. Boys drool.

  • Josh and I are headed to Wichita for a soccer tournament this weekend. Richard and Roman will stay here because she is in a local tournament.

  • I've listened to the soundtrack of HSM3 a bazillion times while painting. It's good stuff. Plus everything else is packed.

  • Pastor Craig is doing a series called THe Vow - a marriage series. Of course, Cutest Boy and I don't "need" it but it sure has been fun!! *wink*

  • Josh's team, which is a B team, tied the A team last night in a scrimmage. Black is the new green. Just sayin'!!

  • I had bunco Monday night. Talk about refreshing my soul. Love those girls!

  • Facebook. After many prompts from my friends I simply got on and looked at the site. I guess somehow - through the magic of the internet - it signed me up. Now I'm getting messages from people I haven't heard from in 20 years!!! HOW DO THEY FIND ME SO EASILY???? Is there a delete button?? I know it will suck me into the vortex and I will never fix dinner or do laundry again...aaaaaaaaagh!!

That's all I got. Dishwasher repair man - who looks like Brad Pitt - is on his way to my house. No worries - this isn't Wisteria Lane! tee hee.

B.




2 comments:

Growin' With It said...

16 days: you have got to be kidding. email. now. or i'll get on facebook and find out from some of your friends on there...hmm, uh MARLA?

SoonerAggieMom said...

I didn't try Marla, but that's a good idea.

20 on ACT? I am so impressed, I can hardly even tell you!!!! 7th grade? Skip the next few years and go right to college. Seriously, give that boy a hug. Knowing he's a great kid and great athelete makes it even better.

And I agree. Kilz is disgusting!