background

Monday, February 2, 2009

Nasal Rinsing, Part Deux

Isn't she lovely? Her hair is nicely pulled back. The bottle is perfectly perpendicular to the sink. She even has a semi-smile on her lips. You can almost hear what she's thinking: "Get ready to run, boogies."

This is not even close to what I look like when I rinse. It ain't purdy when I do it. But that's not what I need to tell you in this all-encompassing consumer report!

I came. I rinsed. I'm hooked.

When I started rinsing a few weeks ago, see that post here, (I know. I know. There wasn't a link. Fooled ya! You know I don't know how to do that stuff! tee hee) Anyway, when I started, I thought maybe I could tell a little difference. I used to be extremely boogery. (is that a word???) So, I was less boogery after the rinsing started. When I went to Tulsa last week, I was out of distilled water and it was way too icy to be making any random stops to get some so I decided to just do without it.

Big mistake. Huge.

I came home and I was completely boogery again. I could tell a huge difference! With rinsing, I'm less boogery and I don't sneeze as much which is good for the ol' stress incontinence issue I'll be working on next! I haven't taken Claritin since I started. woo hoo!!!


So, Lisa M, you have not let me down yet and my nose and I thank you! You are da bomb, baby!

My next report for you is "How long can you leave a container of blackberries in the cabinet where you stuffed them because you needed to hide them quickly and then you forgot about them and now they have a huge{ish} amount of mold on them?" The answer: way less than 2 weeks. Don't try this experiment at home.

B. - the un-boogery

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing!

Growin' With It said...

sounds like a GREAT specimen for a science project in homeschooling. the blackberries...NOT the boogers! ☺ gave you an award. cuz i like ya!☺

SoonerAggieMom said...

Why did you need to hide the blackberries?

So you're saying the nose rinsing thing is like Afrin...once you start you can't stop?

StephieAnne said...

Wow, good to know - and oh that incontinence thing - I'm so with you. I can't even do the Wii Fit jogging activity without "being prepared" - and as for the trampoline, there is NO WAY I can do that without protection!

And, let me give you my two cents regarding those blackberries - buy some of those "GreenBags" - you know the stuff they sell at the checkouts of Walmart for $9.99 - "As Seen on TV" - they really do work! Especially for the stuff that goes fast - like grapes, strawberries, etc..... But, I'm still not sure they'd cover you for two weeks!

RamblinRealtor said...

OK...eewwhhhhh. BWT no names where mentioned in my blog you were just confused.. ;)