background

Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!

Ahhh......the day of love. Just like I say at Mother's Day - it's always Valentine's Day in my house! So corny, right? But, so true!

Do you get some good stuff from the man in your life? I can't wait to hear.

Poor Cutest Boy...it's holidays like this that send him into a cold sweat and make him break out in hives. I really don't **think** I put pressure on him about gift giving but you would think it was life or death. He did so well at Christmas - but there were many years of "interesting" things, KWIM? Like a labrador retriever calendar and a golf umbrella. (I wasn't golfing much at the time!) How many years does it take to remember to just buy chocolate and lots of it????

I love that man. He adds so much to my life everyday that there's not much more I need!


These are the cookies-on-a-stick Roman made for her class. Aren't they cute? She did a great job and it was fun to give something so original. They were really easy - after the first batch. Yikes!

The cookie mold makes 6 cookies at a time. We filled each mold to the top. Roman even asked "Don't they expand when they cook?" Well, they did. A lot. We had to trim those 6 down to size!! But once she iced them - they were sa-weet!

We're off to an indoor soccer game and then taking Josh and his friend, Zach, out to dinner to celebrate Josh's straight-A report card from a few weeks ago. I'm not one to try to eat at a restaurant on Valentine's weekend so it may end up being the drive thru at BK!

B.

2 comments:

StephieAnne said...

First of all - Beverly, I'm a better person because you are in my "sphere of influence"!

Secondly, does Roman attend a private school? Because in our neck of the woods, not only can we not bring homemade foods to share, but there is a "wellness" policy in our district that mandates everything has to be nutritious to be shared with other class members - meaning NO CANDY! WHAT IS UP WITH THAT? I mean, it's VALENTINES DAY!!!! Just love this community with its priorities in such huge order of importance..... Anyway, sorry for the tangent - those cookies just looked so good, it made me jealous!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Beverly said...

Wow, Steph! She is in a private school but even all our years in public schools we could still bring homemade goodies! What is a class party with nutritious snacks??? I am on that rant with you!! :)

And, thanks for your sweet comment about me. I needed that.