background

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Scratch That!

The Cutest Boy just informed me last night that it is 13, I repeat, 13 days until moving day!!!!!!!!

Could you hear the "thunk" sound made as I hit the floor after fainting from that bit of news?? Just breathe, right? It's only 3 less days to pack, paint, clean, repair, remove, gather, toss, save all the belongings of the residents of this house.

I can do this. I'm gonna need a list...

:)

So here's the moving story. Let me just get this part out of the way first: yes, we did just move into this house 1 and 1/2 years ago. yes, it is possible that we have lost our minds.

We built our last house about 7 years ago. It was a great house in a great neighborhood on an acre of land. Perfect place to raise our family and spend the rest of our lives. Or so we thought. We had the misfortune of choosing a builder who was a complete and total CRIMINAL. At the sheetrock stage, he had fled the state with $30K of our money so we took over the process ourselves. We contracted everything we couldn't do ourselves but ended up doing some seriously hard work on that home - with the help of our wonderful friends who blessed us beyond our imaginations with the work they did on our home. It was a trying time for us. We had prayed about that house and really felt the Lord would honor his promise. And, He did. It just cost us financially - but we made it work. We spent 5 1/2 wonderful years in that house.

And, then, it happened. I knew I was a house divided. I realized I didn't want to divide any of my time away from my family by working at the hospital. It didn't matter what hours I worked, I was always missing something with the fam and I was miserable. For me to quit working, we had to downsize and Richard and I were completely willing to do that. Our family had always been our priority. I just need to say right here that the Lord truly blessed me with a husband who puts his family first and always makes sure that my needs are met. (I love you, Cutest Boy!) So we sold that house.

And moved here. And here has just never felt like home. It's a beautiful home - the nicest I've ever lived in. The neighborhood is just OK. I don't know my neighbors. There aren't very many kids - only 1 girl a few years older than Roman. She doesn't have anyone to just run outside and play with. And my kids love to be outside playing.

The straw that broke the camel's back: Our backyard neighbor - who have the only girl and their son plays with Josh frequently - was outside a while back. I said "Hi ____!" (don't want to put in his name!) He said, "What was your name again?"

What???? Seriously??? I put the For Sale sign in the yard that night!!!

Actually, there was a very specific house in a very specific neighborhood that we wanted. It's only about 2 miles from where we are now and it's right next door to some very special friends of ours - friends who were our neighbors in the first neighborhood we lived in when we moved to this town! Their daughter was 2 weeks old when we met them. She just turned 13 and Roman considers her to be one of her bffs! Some things changed at Richard's firm and we knew we could make the move.

Sold our house in 30 days - definitely a God-thing in this day, right? The house we wanted was still available and here we are doing all those things listed above. Oh, and still going out of town to soccer tournaments and activities every night of the week.

Oh well. Sleep is overrated, right?

B.

1 comment:

StephieAnne said...

OMIGOSH! Your life sounds so overwhelming to me. Moving evicts panic in my mind - I'm hoping it never has to happen again. So, I'm proud of your courage and conviction - sounds like a GOD-SIZED plan, that He is totally blessing....way to glorify HIM!