background

Saturday, January 17, 2009

True{ish}

We have entered into a wonderful world at Life Church. The world of Saturday night services. WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!! That's right......I'll be sleeping in tomorrow morning cuz I've already been to church tonight!! In the words of the criminal-but-still-da-bomb Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing."

So, Pastor Craig started a new series tonight which has got to be one of the most relevant topics in the Christian world today, in my opinion. Satan, the father of lies, bombards us with almost-true statements all the time and if we don't know the source of truth - Jesus - we might just believe those lies.

I "grew up" in a church (I was saved the summer after my 7th grade year and stayed at this church until I was 20-ish) where the pastor didn't seem to want to step on any toes. He talked "around" things. It wasn't until I married The Cutest Boy on the Block and came under Bobby Boyles' teaching that I truly learned to stand on God's word, to not compromise. God's word really is black and white. If I choose to live in a gray area, it's not because God has failed to give specific direction in that area of my life. I'm pretty sure I just choose to see things my own way.

So what do you do with the truth? It says in John 1 that Jesus came from the Father, full of grace and truth. I'm sure He was the perfect balance of the two. Not one without the other - which is exactly how we should be. Enough truth to know what we believe and enough grace to love others so they can know that same truth. Not so much truth that we're prideful and arrogant and not so much grace that we blend in with all of society. Man, my Jesus did it the right way.

We already had some great discussion with JTA in the car on the way home. I think our children's generation is definitely at the most risk of being deceived by things that are true-ish. There are things that are so accepted these days - our kids don't even question sometimes. This is gonna be good!

I'm off to bed - LC gave us IBC rootbeer and I'm hyped up on caffeine, I think. I'm sleepy but my eyes won't close. blech. Oh well. I forget I don't have to get up early tomorrow! :)

Sweet decaf dreams to you all,

B.

4 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Church on Sat. night is so cool. I'm jealous.

Grace and truth, the two most simple things Jesus taught, yet the two that are so hard to live (for me) sometimes.

Thanks for the loving heads up!

StephieAnne said...

I'm so glad you feel like you are right where you belong in a church. Yippee!

We have a new pastor (as of May) - and lately he's been "hitting it out of the park" - I've enjoyed all of his teaching thus far but this new study on Acts and the power of the Holy Spirit is soooo good!

Hope you had a great "sleep in" Sunday!

Growin' With It said...

all i gotta say is "woa"!!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Where are you???? Come back to bloggy land soon!