background

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Goodbye Box Fan


...hello air purifier.

I have allergies. This is new for me and has gotten progressively worse. Seriously, I wake up every morning at 5:07 am so I can sneeze twice. Yep, twice. Then I blow my nose for 5 minutes - completely hacked off that I am even remotely awake at that time and convinced that I won't be able to go back to sleep. For some reason, Richard thinks I AM awake and wants to have a conversation with me if he's up getting ready for work!!! I don't talk at that hour of the day. He knows that.

So, it's the end of an era here in the Wright house. Yesterday we replaced the box fan we've had for 12 years with an air purifier thinking it will help with those dratted allergies. The box promises to remove "allergens and dust mites" from the air. (Maybe it will send them to be with the dust bunnies under my bed!!)

I know you're thinking "What's the big deal about getting rid of a $10 box fan?" I also know that Lisa M. knows exactly what the big deal is. Right, Lisa? She's the one that suggested the bf to me when Josh was just a baby. It is the perfect white noise a baby needs when he has two big brothers that don't know how to "keep it down!!" Now, it's the perfect white noise we need when we go to bed and our children are still playing soccer in the front room! It's a trusted member of the family and has seen us through many loud times!

Today, I took off the front and back of the fan and vacuumed it out and cleaned the blades. It looked brand new. (not really.) And, I never cleaned it once in 12 years but now that it's going in the attic, I spent an hour on it. What is that about???


I'm not getting rid of it. You never know when we'll need it. But, for now, that purifier is PURDY! I put it on turbo mode with the ionizer on and I can practically see the "schtuff" getting sucked right out of the air!!

And, I have to admit...I slept all through the night last night. Didn't wake up once. But, I had taken Claritin yesterday. So tonight's the real test.

If it works, I'm buying one for every room in this house!

B. - who, the whole time she is typing, is wondering if anyone really cares that she has a box fan fettish!!

4 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Cha-cha-cha changes....I would put it in the attic too.

Of course we care about your fan fetish.

Let us know how the air purifier works. Lots of sneezing going on at our house too.

StephieAnne said...

I care! Hmmm, my daughter was diagnosed with allergies last year - we were in major denial as no immediate family members suffer that way. But, they showed us how you can tell the difference and even now I'm wondering is it a cold she has or allergies to the Christmas trees, etc. Certainly, come April or May around here, we'll have to bring out the Claritin again - and maybe consider one of those new-fangled air purifiers!!!

RamblinRealtor said...

OR you could just clean more.......

:) M
(I'm gonna get ahte mial for that huh)

Growin' With It said...

you're suppose to clean your fans? hehehe. and are you sure all richard wanted that early in the morning from you was "just conversation"?! ☺