background

Friday, January 9, 2009

More Than A Blog


Even these cupcakes couldn't help the Sooners last night! What a game!! I'm really about the snacks more then the actual game, anyway! *wink* You can't tell in the photo but these diet-busters are red velvet with cream cheese icing. Have you ever wondered HOW you make a red velvet cake? It's a pretty standard cake recipe but you have to add 2 ounces of food coloring!!! If you don't have an allergy to red dye before eating one, you prolly will after. And, just a word of warning, wear all black or be completely naked when preparing these! Enough said, right?


A friend sent me an e-mail about my blog to say that she never knows what she will find when she visits "my little corner of the world." I think she thought the word "random" would hurt my feelings. It so won't. Random is my life.

She also asked me about the title of the blog. I chose "My Life - This IS the Great Adventure" based on a Steven Curtis Chapman song "The Great Adventure." The lyrics all apply to me - except the "saddle up your horses" part. I don't really ride horses. But, he does say "This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure." So true. Forever, when I've listened to this song, I've always thought "You haven't seen anything, SCC. My life is truly the great adventure." This is what we were created for - this adventure following our leader into the glorious unknown!

So, my friend's e-mail got me to thinkin'. (on the ADHD freight train, of course) I want my blog to be more than just my random thoughts. (play violin music here) I want you to expand your horizons with me. If you need an idea for a cupcake - call me. If you need to know how to embarrass your pre-teen son - call me. If you have questions about rubber stamping or scrapbooking - call me. If you want to know what to cram up your turkey's rump to make it moist for Thanksgiving - I'm your girl. If you want to know what happens when you add Mentos to Diet Coke - call me. Soccer questions, health questions - why google?

And, if you want to know what distilled water looks like after it has passed through a gal's nasal passages.............get ready................wait on it.......................you won't be seeing that here!! bwahaha

But here is a photo of the nasal rinsing system I am using. Yes, that huge bulbous top on that bottle goes against your nostril. If you could have seen me the first time I used it...

It says to just keep your mouth open but I was doing some heavy duty panting to make sure nothing would go into my lungs! And, I kept my eyes squeezed shut. Don't know why, but I did. It says to blow your nose gently afterwards but I blew the heck out of mine to get all that water out. Here's what it feels like - sorta - ya know the feeling you get when you jump into a swimming pool without holding your nose? It's a little pressure, weird sensation. That's the feeling. It wasn't all that bad - I didn't drown. whew. And, I did feel like I had fewer boogers and less congestion the rest of the day. So there's your consumer report for the day. Better get on over to Walmart and get yourself a system.

You could be booger-free by the end of the day!

B.

4 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

I forgot to mention the yother day (that's how JA used to say it) but I had new socks too! Oh how sweet!

Two oz. of red food coloring in the red velvet cake? That's alot.

Okay, what's your number????

Anonymous said...

Seriously - red food coloring is the only difference? How come it tastes a little different? :-)

I'm definitely calling you with all my questions - you seem to have it all covered!

Happy weekend!

--Bonnie

StephieAnne said...

Fun stuff - I LOVE how open and transparent you are. I will definitely be coming your way with those sorts of questions - would never had had a clue about Red Velvet Cake!

Growin' With It said...

867-5309 was your number right? my question...how to be more like you!!