background

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Socks

I am wearing new socks. Nike socks. I just can't think of many things better than having on new socks. So, I started thinking about other things that just make you let out an "ahhhhhhh...that's good" and here's my list:

A few of my favorite things
**Obviously, new socks. :)
**The way butter looks when you first take the lid off. (this goes for sour cream and whipped cream)
**The smell of a freshly peeled orange
**Driving on a newly paved road
**The sound of a rain shower through an open window or door
**Laughing so hard you can't breathe
**Dust collected on my purifier filter

Ain't that so purdy????!!! Finally...proof that my shiny, new air purifier is really doing something. See those stripes? Those are from where it touches the front grill. See that dark spot? That's where it fastens to the velcro thingie! All the other white-ish area is the dust that has gathered in its final resting place. I hope there are a lot of allergens in there, too!

I can't say that I'm feeling much relief from my allergies. But, that most fabulous and knowledgeable Lisa M. is sending another remedy my way: NASAL RINSING. She hasn't gone wrong...YET. I'm very afraid of this one. All I can think of is being told in grade school by some psycho kid that you can drown in a teaspoon of water and she wants me to squirt distilled water in one nostril and let it swish through and out the other one???!!! Aye yi yi. I'll be buying the "kit" in the morning. I hope it works. I really do.

And don't think I won't post pictures!! Ewwwwwwww.

Stay tuned.

B.

4 comments:

StephieAnne said...

The look of brand new butter - that's a funny one! But, I love your list. Great stuff to think about-

Glad your filter is working, but sorry your allergies aren't getting better - and yeah, I agree, maybe not the best photography moment regarding the nasal rinsing!

Growin' With It said...

well than how about a "how to video"...just cuz i want to get a good laugh at what you've just described? lisa...what a true friend!

Anonymous said...

Nasal rinsing... I tried that for a couple days. I'll be interested to hear how it goes for you.

SoonerAggieMom said...

I've thought about the nasal rinsing thing but am too chicken to try it. I can't wait to hear how it worked for you.

You should probably let your family know what you're doing in case of emergency.