background

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love snow days. It's such a treat to get an unplanned day out of school.

Today is the second day of no school. It should be called an ice day because even though this photo looks like a huge drift of snow - it is pure sleet so it's like sand. This drift is about 2 1/2 feet deep on our back porch.

The other pictures are of the neighborhood kids all sliding down our driveway on disks and skateboards that Josh removed the wheels from. Even though it was bitter cold, they played outside for hours.


Please say a little prayer for Roman and me. We're leaving in just a little while for Tulsa and the roads are still not the greatest. I'm sure wishing for that huge tree trunk that my dad used to put in the back of my Chevette to help me have traction when I was in college!

We're going to the OMEA Convention where Roman will sing with the All State Honor Choir I think I mentioned she made it in to. The weather is worse in Tulsa but........the show must go on!!!

Have a great week and stay warm!!

B.






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for safety and angels surrounding you (helps to have your daughter singing like an angel).

Safe travels my friend.

StephieAnne said...

Yeah for snow days! You got some this year. However, you will be in my prayers regarding your travels - bummer that you have to deal with the dangerous side to these festivities.

SoonerAggieMom said...

We're on our way to Tulsa today too (Friday). Dewayne's parents are celebrating their 65th wedding anniverasry. It will be a super fast trip....we'll get there around midnight tonight and will leave at 8:00 AM Sunday morning.

I hope you had a safe trip and that Roman did a great job. All State Honor Choir...very close to my heart.