background

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Did Ya See It???


No. Not the cards.....American Idol!! It was the audition show from Kansas City which is where Patrick auditioned. I haven't seen it yet (my family made a pinkie-pact to wait until tonight when we could watch it together) but I wondered if anyone caught a glimpse of me - umm, I mean Patrick!!


We did see the previews at the end of Tuesday night's show and saw all those crazies I just KNEW would make it on TV because of the way they were dressed. Those cheerleaders.............need I say more???

The audition shows for AI are so difficult for me to watch. Some of those kids are completely shell-shocked to find out they really stink!! Did you see their faces Tuesday night? It was the first time they've ever been told the truth - but it still makes my stomach hurt and I watch a lot of these shows the same way I watch a scary movie - through my fingers covering my eyes and ears and wincing the whole time!

Gonna be an interesting season!!

Now to the cards. Yesterday was my stamp day with The Girls. We start at 9:30 and stamp til 3-ish only stopping to eat some lunch. I love to rubber stamp but I really love the conversation that is non-stop the whole time with this group. The topics yesterday ranged from TMJ to meth to all the *ED* commercials on TV. It's really fun.

These (at the top) are the cards I made. I can see now that there was a running theme to my creativity yesterday. None of these are original creations - I am not that creative. (When I create something, it takes me all day to do one card. THat's how slow I am in that department.) These are my versions of cards that I've seen other places. I would give credit to the original designers if I knew who they were!!

I just have to share one thing from the past few busy days. Sunday night, Roman stubbed her little toe on her left foot. It was bad - very painful. Swelled up right away. We've all done it - I'm sure some of you just cringed when you read that because you've been there. Well....she can have a little drama in her. (gets that from her dad, I'm sure.) She hopped around. Asked for her crutches. Couldn't wear a shoe on that foot. Dragged her foot behind her like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. See what I mean? She never really whined about it but just wouldn't walk on it. I gave her Tylenol and ice but sometimes having a nurse for a mom gets you very little sympathy. It stems from caring for very sick patients that make a hangnail seem insignificant. Anyway, I rolled my eyes at her drama several times over the next few days, told her if it were broken it would be bruised and more swollen than it is and said "If you can't wear a shoe and walk on it for school on Tuesday, you won't be able to play in your soccer game Wednesday night." That will snap her out of it, right?

She did fine on Tuesday. I decided I should take another look at it since I hadn't since Monday a.m.

IT WAS BLACK AND BLUE AND STILL LOOKED LIKE A SNAUSAGE!!!

Not a proud moment for this mama. I really think it might be broken!! Of course, she wanted to play in her game last night so I lovingly, and with much attention, taped it up for her and practically carried her to the car!!! Aye yi yi!! She had a great game. Her team lost but at least she wasn't in danger of being hit in the head by a mad little boy throwing his cleat after he lost!

Mom of the year,

B.

5 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

Did you see my pic of Brandon?

I wish I could've been there for the TMJ conversation. Owwweeeee!

Broken toes...Oweeeeeeeeee!

Nurse or not, we've all done the very same thing you did. Trying to psyche kids out of injuries is an art.

Anonymous said...

I don't think we can be friends anymore... you are way to crafty! :-)

Poor Roman - I hope her toe gets better fast. (And don't worry, you can't lose your Great Mom status by ignoring stubbed toe drama from a known drama-queen.)

StephieAnne said...

AI audition huh, that must have been something to be a part of!

Fear not about the bad mom department - my daughter still has the scars all down her arm from where I left a curling iron out for her to trip over and burn herself.....!

Beautiful cards....glad to hear that you aren't so over-the-top perfect to be able to inspire them all yourself!

Growin' With It said...

hmm, hannah..now roman. must be empathy for one another! ☺ i will NOT be able to give away the last few cards you sent me. it took you that long, how could i share them with anyone else now? sure looked for patrick, thought i saw him but not sure. whats up with them putting on cheerleaders over that handsome boy of yours?! grr.

StephieAnne said...

Wow, Beverly, I just went through and read through most of your posts until I got back to the one about the American Idol audition. I've learned a lot about you and your family - and how, once again, we truly could hang out and be buds!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the High School Musical movies, in fact, I've started playing some of the songs from the third movie on my ipod when I'm on the elliptical and can't get "All I wanna do is be with you" out of my head.....

However, it's a good thing you don't live in our neighborhood because we could be one of those families that have the lights up early... uh oh! I kind of figure the lights are there to light up the darkness, so they can be used to celebrate Thanksgiving too... (we have white lights...) -

Oh, and you have amazingly talented and cute kids too - and a great husband - WOW, what a family!!!!

You are a load of fun, Beverly, I'm so glad I discovered your blog....