background

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Trust


My friend, Katrina, and I have been having lots of conversations about trust the last few weeks. Trusting the Lord, trusting doctors, trusting night shift nurses, etc. Her mom is in ICU and probably won't be with us for much longer.
At 1 a.m. this morning, we were trusting a surgeon to basically make a decision that would lead K and her family to be able to make further decisions. But when it was all over, we both knew she wasn't trusting the surgeon, she was trusting her heavenly Father and He showed himself, making himself known in that moment.
Trust is a funny thing to me. I am a very trusting person. I have never had difficulty trusting God for some reason. In the worst times of my life I have been able to trust the hand of God even when I could not see it in my circumstance. I have come to believe it's because of the verse above from Jeremiah. How could I not trust the best of my God who delights in kindness and righteousness? That is such a comfort to me.
I got another call from a friend whose dad has just been diagnosed with lung cancer and I have another sweet friend whose dad is probably near the end of his battle with that disease. These ladies are in a terrible position and are having to trust the Lord with the most precious part of their lives - a family member. So, for all of you, I am praying. For strength. For peace. For an unfailing trust in the one who knows and loves you the most.
B

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

oh beverly...i get it. the trust issue. i'm finally getting it. its been a long road and i'm still not 100% but i am grateful for a reminder this morning that yes indeed...HE IS FAITHFUL! and TRUSTWORTHY.

give K a hug for me please. i truly know how she feels.

SoonerAggieMom said...

Our pastor preached an amazing sermon Sunday about 2:00AM friends. You know, the ones you call when there's a problem. Very fitting for what our city just went through. (Did I just say OUR city?) We were all crammed in the youth building worshipping God and counting our blessings. Your friends are blessed to count on you to be a 2 AM friend.

Growin' With It said...

oh beverly, my beverly...where for art thou? i miss you on your blog.