background

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I Am A Soccer Mom...

...not a football Mom. Or am I????

I sure have had a lot of football in my life the past few days. The above videos are of Josh kicking at his first football game last night. The first one is during warm up but the second is a kick off during the game. We won. Yay!! There were several touch downs so Josh got plenty of chances to kick off but they usually ran the ball in for 2 points instead of him getting to kick for the extra point.

But he did get one chance for an extra point and he had a bad snap and hold - of course it wasn't HIS fault!! It was all so exciting........him in his uniform where he's unrecognizable, his name being called over the loudspeaker every time he kicked, playing on the highschool field, the butterflies in my stomach like I was the one on the field!! And, one of his best buddies since kindergarten was all over the place on both offense and defense - so we had someone to cheer for in every play! How fun is all this??

NFL here we come!!

Proud Mama and complete know-nothing about football,

Beverly

3 comments:

SoonerAggieMom said...

I LOVE IT!! I wish I could be there to watch Josh play football! I'd help you figure it out (in case Richard is pacing the sidelines). Thanks for posting the videos.

Growin' With It said...

couldn't help but notice the difference in the stands from your last 2 posts. so, hmm look what you get to look forward to if he goes big with this new found love....big men in red stretchy pants. and although that one is way over obsessed with on my end....something to laugh about as the butterflies have their own party.

way to go JOSH!!

marla wingfield said...

The whole Wingfield family got a "kick" out of watching Josh kick the ball. "Wow, he did good!" was Jarrett's response. Enjoy the butterflies. You never know when they may not be there.