background

Monday, September 22, 2008

Just another magic Monday....

woooooooaa. Wish it were Sunday. woooooooooaa. That's my fun day. wooooooooaa. My "I-don't-have-to-run" day.
What a great song from the 80's! Was it the Bangles? I'm terrible at that game. Ya know the one.........name the artist. Or name the song. If it's the Bangles, will someone send me a prize?? :)
So, this is the top rack of my dishwasher. I spent the morning cleaning out my refrigerator. It seriously is the worst job for me. I would rather eat lima beans (gag me!). And it shows. There are 12 containers on that rack that had leftovers in them and 3 more bigger bowls on the bottom. Because, you know what??
I don't like leftovers. Just as much as I don't like cleaning out the fridge. But, I also don't like to be wasteful. So, I keep little bits of this, and the rest of that - thinking that SOMEBODY will eat it. After fourteen and a half years with this family - when will I figure out that nobody's going to eat it!!??!! Especially, not me.
But, good news. Only three of those bowls had something extra growing in it. And, it wasn't very much - because in those cases, that whole bowl goes straight to the trash without so much as a peep from me.
In other news...........I spent the whole weekend (and I mean w.h.o.l.e., whole) at the soccer fields for a tournament. Josh's team won his age division. Woo hoo! This is his 5th season with this team and their first tournament win so it is very exciting! Roman's team played well but didn't advance. And, my bottom lip got so sunburned that it was doubled in size this morning!! It looked like I got a collagen injection!
And, yes, my first thought - after "OUCH!!!!!" - was to blog about it. But, by the time I got around to taking a picture, it had already started going down. Darn.
Hope you're having a Magic Monday!
B

3 comments:

Growin' With It said...

ahh the bangles! makes me smile. and your clean-out project? i just did mine last week and it grossed me out. (remember my gaggin problem?..eek) cleaning out the fridge must be part of getting ready for another season.

and your lip...better put some lipgloss on that poor thing. keep it moist! ;o)

RamblinRealtor said...

Just wanted you to know I am the left over queen! It's almost a challenge to me....(I'm competing w/myself!)Roast becomes stew,Chicken becomes chicken salad...note to self:convert Bev
:) Marcey

SoonerAggieMom said...

Ah leftovers. I learned the hard way before we "fled" it's better to clean out the refrigerator before you leave. That way when you get home you don't deal with a nasty Mexican casserole that's been in a warm refrigerator.

WTG Josh's team!