background

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Coit's Rootbeer


There are times when I can't think of a single thing to blog about. And then there are times I could post 8 times a day with all the "schtuff" running through this brain.
Just look at this photo. My mouth is watering and every part of me is wanting to run out the door to go get some more rootbeer.
It all started when Roman and I were going to Penn Square a few weeks ago. I was turning onto Penn and there, to my right, was Coit's Rootbeer Stand. Richard, the big boys and I used to get our live Christmas trees there years ago but I have never eaten there. Before I knew it, I had turned the car and pulled into a spot. It's like Sonic where you stay in your car and they deliver your food to you. (Sad, random fact: Did you know there are people in this fabulous country that have never heard of Sonic???? g.a.s.p.) Unlike Sonic, they still hook your tray onto your window and then you flip a switch when you want them to pick it (and all your trash) up.
Roman and I shared a beautiful frosty mug and we were hooked. I mean like addicts. I mean she and I have talked, drooled, dreamed about this rootbeer for weeks. It's not like it's right around the corner from us so we can't just go get some whenever we want - thank goodness!!! But for her birthday, that was her one request - a mug of Coit's rootbeer. So we picked up Josh from football and headed north. Now........he's hooked, too.
So here's the kicker. I'm not a rootbeer drinker normally. In fact, it ALWAYS gives me a headache when I drink it. But, there's something about this rootbeer.
And Roman's words to me as we were walking out the door??? "You know you want to blog about this so you should bring your camera." LOL. She was right! And I did get a few looks while I was trying to get a good shot of the mugs!
Peace out, peeps!
B
P.S. I promise I am spacing between my paragraphs. Don't know why it doesn't stay when I post.

5 comments:

RamblinRealtor said...

You know Coit's uses crack in the rootbeer right? HA!
I know, I too am a fellow Coit's fan. When I was preggers w/Brady 7 then again w/Tay, I had to go to Deaconess all the time which happens to be right by Coit's! In fact Gary introduced me to it, so it's his fault. Wonder if you can buy it by the gallon?!

SoonerAggieMom said...

Oh my soul what I wouldn't give for a Coit's right now. YUMMY!!! And too funny that Roman is in on the blogging addiction.

I space between my paragraphs to but the blogger ghost takes them away.

Mary Morrow said...

dude - you're making me THIRSTY!!!

i'm going to have to take a trip over there the next time i'm in the area!

happy belated to miss roman!

and good grief woman - you're a blogging addict, huh?
i wish i had time to catch up on your blog... but i don't...
back to editing for moi.

xoxo

Growin' With It said...

sniff...sonic...BWAAAA.
there's one in my hometown.
an HOUR south.

which is a SMALLER city than mine here.

pff.

then, i get all those daggone sonic commercials on our cable just to pour salt in the wound.

drink one for me baby! coits, sonic, whiskey (naa!)

O Fam said...

Seriously....I gasped as your blog pulled up. A cold, frosty mug of root beer!!!! Puh-lease! Torture!

I quickly called to Rob and said "You have got to see Bev's blog". He too felt his mouth watering as we discussed how good a coits root beer would be right now.

I seriously don't want to hear any whining from you chics about having to drive "north" for a cold one....15 minute? 5 hours? It's nothin'

can it be shipped...freeze dried, packed, whatever?!?!